Plan International recruits 01 Regional People and Culture Specialist
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries.
This is an exciting time for Plan International as we implement our global strategy for 2017-2022. Our global strategy defines who we are, why we exist, the change we want to see in the world and how we will contribute to making change happen. It underpins everything we do, guiding all our work in all parts of the federation.
To achieve greater change in children’s lives we are dramatically transforming how we operate, and we need bold, forward-thinking and innovative individuals to support the countries teams, driving change and delivering results that will allow us to transform the lives of 100 million girls globally. Plan International West and Central Africa Hub is located in Dakar (Senegal) and support 14 countries, helping vulnerable children, young people and their families to break the cycle of poverty.
The role of the Regional People and Culture Specialist is to provide core support in the region to manage key people risk elements, meet core code of conduct standards and embed a values-based culture in enabling optimal workplace safeguarding and performance excellence in the areas of workforce planning talent acquisition In line with our ambition of a diverse and high performing workforce within the region. Working with the Regional Human Resources Business Partner (Regional HRBP) and regional leadership, the role will contribute to delivering appropriate people solutions in line with global HROD standards and strategies, including case management and follow-through on workplace safeguarding in the region, policy development, review and implementation processes and utilization of the HRIS to deliver optimal HR metrics for the region. The role will provide HR capacity to countries as needed and support Country Office (CO) capacity building in the People and Culture function with relation to these key areas.
This is an exciting new role as part of the Regional Human Resources Team, as Regional People and Culture Specialist you will:
- Support the improved cohesion in the adoption of global HR policies by countries as well as in the development, review and adoption of relevant people policies that bring gender equality and inclusion to life, across the region.
- Support HR capacity building at country office level.
- Improve support in Emergency HR support in the region and can be deployed to countries when needed.
- Ensure that all human resources policies, procedures and practice in the region are gender transformative and responsive of local needs while reaching the ambitions of Plan global standards
- Be the key contact for workplace safeguarding for the region with regards to ensuring Code Of Conduct standards are followed as relates to employee behaviour
- Provide support for the regional hub Human Resources Operational excellence
- Provides regional hub HR services liaison for all staff with the Plan Senegal HR team under the shared services offering to ensure optimal on-boarding and exit support is availed.
- Acts as a deployable resource to countries as needed for the function on Human Resource Management as well as providing support to global team as needed on emergency HR for the region.
- Provide support for the utilisation of the HRIS in the region that enable optimal HR Metrics and efficiencies in people management processes
- Support countries in workforce planning to ensure countries have the needed workforce to realise the country strategies and related programming in the areas of talent acquisition and a diverse workforce
For a full role and competency profile, please click on the below link: Regional People and Culture Specialist
How to apply?
This position is under a local contract with no expatriate’s benefits. This position is opened for all applicant and females’ candidates are highly encouraged to apply. To apply, click on the link and send by 3rd November 2020 your application with:
- A comprehensive cover letter
- A comprehensive and clear CV that includes the contact of two of your referees, one of whom should be your current employer.
- Location: West and Central Africa with flexibility about the location (Benin, Burkina-Faso, Cameroun, Central Africa Republic, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Togo)
- Type of Role: 2 years fixed-term local contract with no expatriations package
- Reports to: Regional HR&OD Business Partner
- Grade: E
- Closing Date: 03 November 2020
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter jobs.plan-international.org.