PFAN Call for Proposal for Climate & Clean Energy Project in Eastern Africa
Deadline: 2 June 2019
PFAN has launched a special Call for Proposals for projects that deliver adaptation-related and climate resilience benefits in Eastern Africa.
Their goals are to build clean energy markets one business at a time, mitigate climate change and mobilise private investment in support of the Paris Agreement on Climate Change and the Sustainable Development Goals.
The following sectors have been identified and targeted for PFAN intervention in the area of Climate Change Adaptation:
- Agriculture (upstream and downstream, including agribusiness and processing)
- Ecosystem Services
- Urban Development
- Energy & Access to Energy
- Adaptation products and services
Investment Amount (ASK)
- For all projects, the investment ask should lie between US$1 million and US$50 million. This may be disbursed in smaller tranches as requested.
- Only for Energy Access and Rural Electrification Projects (eg. clean cook stoves, solar home systems, mini grids) an exception is made, and the investment ask can lie between US$500 thousand and US$50 million. This too may be disbursed in smaller tranches as requested.
- PFAN will accept applications from the Eastern Africa.
- To be eligible for PFAN support, applicants project or business must provide climate change adaptation benefits, or offer or use clean energy technologies, products or services.
- Proposals should demonstrate that the project is commercially and technically viable, and requires no or only minimal grant funding.
- If applicants project currently receives grant funding or has done so in the past, that does not affect eligibility.
- Projects and businesses which deploy clean and renewable energy and/or climate change technologies for productive uses;
- Greenfield & brownfield utility projects, independent power producer and distributed generation projects (for both thermal and electrical energy);
- Existing projects which are operating at small or pilot scale and which are ready for scale-up;
- Projects which increase access to energy for remote communities, including rural electrification, off-grid and mini-grid projects, thermal energy and clean cooking solutions;
- New or expanding business ventures in clean energy and related technologies, including downstream projects (focused on deployment of existing technologies) and upstream projects (focused on development and commercialisation of a new clean technology);
- Mergers, acquisitions or joint ventures, which will add value to an existing clean energy / technology business.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://pfan.net/call-for-projects-in-eastern-africa-next-submission-deadline/