PEG Africa recruits 01 Operations Manager
In order to maintain our leading position, we are looking for a Senior Operations manager to support our operations.
Reporting to the Customer Experience and Operations Director, the successful individual will advise on, execute and manage customs, imports, planning/forecasting of orders and duty planning.
The Senior Operations manager will ensure that the company’s products are always available on time for sale. It is a central position as the company relies on his/her ability to control and manage stock forecasts and customs to avoid any shortage that would deeply affect the company.
He/she will also provide support on cross-department projects related to Logistics/Operations when required.
- andling import of products into country, including clearance and managing tax exemptions.
- Review Customs and Duty Compliance practices making recommendations to support the business.
- Duty planning to ensure accurate landing costs and classifications for products are recorded
- Follow-up weekly Sales forecasts with Sales team and align demand with Suppliers.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency.
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets.
- Work closely and effectively with members of the Finance & Sales departments to find solutions to clearance processes and align expectations.
- Optimize budget and clearance costs.
- Collaborates with other departments and stakeholders to identify and maintain resources needed to establish and provide an effective supply chain.
- Establishes performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of factors affecting the supply chain.
- Develops and maintains detailed inventories of materials and supplies located in the warehouse and the service center
- Analyzes current inventories and procedures; suggests improvements to increase efficiency of supply chain and profitability for the company.
- Provide leadership and guidance to direct reports to lead and manage their respective departments to ensure professional and timely support to the operational business units.
- Monitor KPI reports and use them as the main tool to plan actions to improve performance and drives this culture within your the team
- Ensure that the inventory in the field is consistent with the inventory in the information system (ERP)
- A minimum of 5+ years’ previous Planning/Supply Chain/Logistics/Duty/Compliance experience.
- Experience and know in Duty/Customs Compliance/Imports/Clearance
- A data-driven approach to analyzing and solving Supply Chain problems. KPI driven
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, mainly Excel
- Tech savvy, experience working with ERP (Odoo, etc..) a plus.
- Fluency in English (written and oral) is essential.
- Experience working with a team in a fast paced, startup or FMCG-style environment.
- Excellent time and task management and ability to work under pressure, whilst prioritizing key tasks
- Experience managing teams of people
- 3 years experiencing managing rural logistics and distribution in Senegal
- 3 years experience working with importers in Senegal to clear goods through customs
- understanding the value of having reliable data