Peace Corps recruits 01 Human Resources Specialist
- Closing date: August 7, 2020
- Position status: Full time (40 hours/week)/local hire
- Location: Dakar, Senegal
- Compensation: Gross salary + benefits: 25,007,886 CFA to 27,291,540 /annum.
The position is based at the Peace Corps Office in Dakar, Senegal. Under the direction of the Director of Management & Operations (DMO), the HR Specialist is responsible for coordinating all aspects of Human Resources management for PC/Senegal. The incumbent is responsible for development and implementation of the human resources systems and procedures, assuring compliance with PC policy while respecting local labor laws. S/he serves as the principal advisor to Post management on all personnel related issues. The incumbent is the point person for all benefits related matters.
This is a multi-functional position requiring a high degree of energy, flexibility and attention to detail. Due to the myriad of duties, this position requires an inborn sense of prioritization, planning, organization and ability to efficiently manage multiple concurrent tasks. Ability to maintain confidential information is critical to this position. The HRS is authorized to operate PC vehicles to perform work within the scope of outlined duties and act as an Occasional Money Handler (OMH).
Major duties and responsibilities
- Serves as primary advisor to Management and staff point of contact for all HR related matters
- Maintains solid knowledge of Senegal Labor Law, US Embassy local staff management policies, and Peace Corps Contract Management policies
- Implements and/or develop HR management procedures and systems ensuring translation into French
- Manages the full-cycle recruitment of all full-time and temporary positions from position identification to on-boarding of successful candidate
- Oversees timely completion of staff performance reviews and manage annual staff recognition/award process;
- Manages staff contract (75 full-time and 30 short-term PSC staff)
- Acts as the point of contact on all administrative issues with national social security institution (CSS), the Retirement institution (IPRES) and Health insurance providers.
- Education: Completion of a University-level degree equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, or a related field (such as Sociology, Psychology) with six years relevant experience working in human resources management.
- Work experience: Minimum of four years’ experience directly working in human resources management and in a progressively responsible role. Experience working preferably in a U.S. or other Government agency or an international NGO preferred. Staff supervision experience is an advantage.
- Languages skills: English Level IV, French Level V. Candidates will be tested. Knowledge of at least one local language is an advantage but not a requirement.
- Computer skills: Solid knowledge of MS Office and its various applications. Candidates will be tested.
- Prior proven experience coaching, advising, and managing conflict.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Experience working in a diverse environment with proven cultural dexterity and adaptability.
- Detail oriented with relevant administrative management experience especially experience in creating efficient processes.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate to broad range of people across various cultures.
- Proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities while working in a fast-paced work environment.
Interested candidates should obtain the full position description and requirement by sending an email to SN-HR@peacecorps.gov
Interested applicants must have ability to pass full background/security checks; and show proof of residency or ability to work in Senegal with no sponsorship.
All applications should be submitted electronically to SN-HR@peacecorps.gov with “HR Specialist” in the subject line no later than 00:00 by Friday August 7th, 2020. The following must be submitted: 1) full CV in English as well as motivation letter clearly outlining how the candidate’s background and experience respond to the requirements outlines above, 2) copy of national ID or passport, 3) certified copy of school diploma.
*Incomplete and/or late application will not be entertained, nor applications not submitted in English***. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.**
Peace Corps does not discriminate against an applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.