PATH recrute 01 Responsable de programme technique, Innovation et impact, Digital Square
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The Center of Digital and Data Excellence (CoDE) at PATH works with government ministries of health, the private sector, and donors to strengthen the use of digital technologies and data for improved health services. Digital Square is one of CoDE’s flagship global initiatives. It is PATH-led and funded by multiple donors, including USAID and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, to advance digitally enabled health services to help close the health equity gap. Conceived from the lessons of the inefficiencies and redundancies of prior investments in digital technologies for international development, Digital Square works with ministries of health to align adaptable, interoperable digital technologies with local health needs and brings partners together to improve how the global community designs, uses, and pays for digital health tools and approaches.
Digital Square is currently recruiting for a Francophone Technical Program Manager to provide strategic guidance and technical support for a growing portfolio of COVID-19-related activities, designed to support national governments in low-and middle-income countries to adapt, scale, and accelerate the deployment of digital tools that address demand-side challenges for COVID-19 vaccination. Countries requiring project support include Mali, Senegal, and Burkina Faso.
The Technical Program Manager (TPM) will be a key member of the technical team and will coordinate and lead research, analysis, strategy, communication for their portfolio activities to ensure timely, strong, co-created project deliverables. The person in this role will provide support in management, development of annual work plans and overarching project management as needed. They will provide expertise in a particular functional or skill area and act as the technical liaison with project administrators to assure that reports and milestones are met for all assigned projects.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensure the appropriate management of work plans and donor deliverables by overseeing the development and tracking of project work plan, timelines, milestones, resource allocation, and deliverables.
- Ensure adherence to defined standards, tools, and norms for activity planning, management, communication, and reporting. Reinforce standard operating procedures in project execution.
- Address or escalate issues related to project execution when there are budgetary implications, concerns from donor/government or procedural issues.
- Coordinate implementation of assessment frameworks across areas. Serve as the primary coordinator of research, technical writing, and reporting for project deliverables.
- Lead team meetings, define agendas, strategic direction/questions, and provide insights into key risks, challenges, and opportunities that should be presented to project team and/or donor or government.
- Effectively manage, track, and mitigate risks associated with project implementation by monitoring dependencies across the workplan with particular attention to non-compliance and regulatory standards. Work with project administrators to ensure financial management practices are followed.
- Participate in project reviews and prepare written technical reports and PowerPoint documents for government and clients.
- Support project leadership to engage with government officials and donors in support of the digital health initiatives. Work directly with grant donors to refine and deliver materials as requested, often working across partnerships for coordination of country-specific and regional opportunities.
- Support Digital Square Leadership (specifically the Deputy Director of Social Innovation and Impact) to deliver accurate, highest quality research, analysis, and program management of activities for COVID-19 related work.
- Work with the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) Director and technical team to drive the project’s research agenda and assessment framework.
- Conduct research and analysis of health system business processes, digital health policies and strategies, and digital health stakeholders. Recommend improvements to achieve efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Conceptualize and co-publish peer-reviewed academic publications.
- Support global good partners to adapt tool specifications to meet country demand.
- Support implementation and utilization of adapted tools. Work with global good partners to ensure deployments include updated user guides and other tools relevant for frontline health workers.
- Lead a country-based project-specific technical advisory committee.
- Support development of an evidence commons and related peer-to-peer learning opportunities to influence awareness and adoption of digital tools that support COVID-19 vaccination demand.
- Support in-country data use via training for knowledge sharing on optimal data use to address vaccine hesitancy challenges. Share and present project findings to drive knowledge management and peer learning.
- Support global and country-led advocacy efforts for scale of digital technologies, ensuring broader advocacy efforts reflect the realities and voices of in-country partners.
- Support the broader team with development of concept notes and technical proposals for new funding opportunities for both new and existing donors.
- Act as a resource for questions related to the project(s).
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, and at least 5 years demonstrated experience as a project manager with a track record of designing and managing milestone-based projects within budget and time constraints.
- Experience translating complex technical material related to digital health, health systems, health data, and health policies into digestible communications for lay audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, collegial and able to interact with diverse colleagues and facilitate strong working relationships with colleagues and project stakeholders.
- Demonstrated and proactive organizational, prioritization, and workload management skills in a high-pressure environment. History of taking ownership of tasks with a high level of organization.
- Excellent IT skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office software suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc).
- Experience working remotely with teams of geographically distributed employees with multiple perspectives. Diplomacy in communicating with a broad and diverse audience.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and globally up to 40% of the time.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; fluency in French and English
Preferred skills and experience:
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Significant analytical writing experience.
- Experience working with USAID, UNICEF, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), World Health Organization (WHO), and/or The Rockefeller Foundation.
- Knowledge of SharePoint and Smartsheet.
- Fluency in additional local languages is beneficial.