|PATH recrute 01 Health Economist, Center for Vaccine Innovation and Access|
|Localisation||Dakar / Sénégal|
|Expiration||17 Mars 2021|
|Offre visitée||9 fois|
Description de l’offre
Health Economist, Center for Vaccine Innovation and Access
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges.
With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH’s Center for Vaccine Innovation and Access brings together our expertise across every stage of the long and complex process of vaccine research, development, and delivery to make lifesaving vaccines widely available to children and communities across the world.
CVIA’s current portfolio encompasses more than two dozen vaccines either in development or already in use to protect against 15 different diseases.
Our focus is on vaccines to address the leading diseases that claim children’s lives worldwide: pneumonia, diarrheal disease, and malaria; as well as other global health priorities, such as polio and meningitis. We work in partnership with national health ministries, pharmaceutical manufacturers, donors, international financing and regulatory organizations, and many others.
PATH has led numerous global partnerships, including the award-winning Meningitis Vaccine Project and the Malaria Vaccine Initiative, which helped develop the first malaria vaccine candidate recommended for pilot implementation.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Health Economist with experience in the design and performance of economic evaluations of health care interventions.
The ideal candidate will apply their skills to a range of operational and research projects, including the evaluation of vaccine development and introduction programs in low- and middle-income countries.
The analytical work primarily requires the performance of cost-effectiveness analysis using decision-analytic modeling, and cost analysis.
Disease modeling and statistical applications may also be employed. This role also requires the health economist to work in interdisciplinary teams, collaborate and manage contracts with partner organizations and engage with policymakers at the global and/or country level.
The overarching role of the health economist is to generate and translate economic evidence to inform donor investments, global policy and country introduction or scale up decisions.
• Design and conduct economic analyses for public health interventions or specific health technologies, including:
• Design and conduct studies to collect primary data on the costs of disease and health care interventions.
• Cost analyses of health programs or interventions.
• Cost-effectiveness and health impact modeling of vaccines and other health interventions.
• Budget impact modeling.
• Demand forecasting.
• Participate in report writing, presentations, and publication of results and findings in peer-reviewed journals.
• Work independently as well as collaborate with other health economists, interdisciplinary teams, and international partners, to design and conduct economic analyses.
• Work with teams to interpret and communicate results of the analyses to relevant stakeholders.
• Contribute to development and writing of proposals for new projects.
• Work with partner organizations, including managing contracts and deliverables to meet project needs.
• Represent PATH and CVIA at international, regional, and national meetings, and, where appropriate, present findings from research and analyses.
• Engage with academic, policy (e.g., WHO), donor (e.g., Gavi, BMGF) and country partners to achieve project goals.
• Advanced degree with a preference to PhD in economics, health economics, or related field.
• 5 years of work experience with demonstrated excellence conducting economic evaluations of health care interventions.
• Experience conducting economic evaluations for low- and middle-income countries and experience working with global health or development partners is a plus.
• Desire to work in one of PATH’s offices in Africa (with a preference for West Africa, i.e. Senegal or Ghana) and previous experiences with countries in the region.
• Ability to work independently and collaborate with colleagues across time zones.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate research methods and results into publishable manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals.
• Ability to work effectively with interdisciplinary colleagues to achieve team goals.
• Experience in building health economic models using software such as Excel and TreeAge and conducting sensitivity analysis using software such as Risk or Crystal ball, or similar type software.
• Working knowledge of data analysis software such as STATA and R a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Additional language skills, especially French, a plus.
• Knowledge of public finance, health finance or domestic resource mobilization in low- and middle-income countries a plus.
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%.
MUST have legal authorization to work in Senegal or Ghana.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer.
Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment.
PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
• PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
• All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
Accra, Ghana or Dakar, Senegal
Senegal, Dakar or Ghana, Accra
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|
Apply to this job online :