PATH recrute 01 associé, Dynamique du marché – Afrique de l’Ouest
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH’s Market Dynamics program is currently recruiting for an associate who is seeking to grow their career while making a difference in people’s lives. Specifically, the associate will support the following teams/projects:
- The Access to Medical Device Portfolio within the Market Dynamics Program is growing its work increasing safe access to oxygen therapy. The portfolio is launching a new project as part of the continuing response to the COVID-19 pandemic and ongoing needs for oxygen globally. The project will expand on previous PATH work in the respiratory care space with the aim to increase access to oxygen and equipment in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs).
- The associate will work within PATH’s Programs and Innovation Division at PATH. They will work with Market Dynamics team members to define problems, conduct analyses, and apply findings to address market failures that restrict access to life-saving products and interventions.
A successful Market Dynamics Associate will support country teams across West/Central Africa to fulfill tasks in the three following areas:
Coordination across various health stakeholders
- Provide regional support to PATH’s country programs across West/Central Africa, including Senegal, the Democratic Republic of Congo, and Burkina Faso, to improve access to oxygen in collaboration with partner organizations.
- Identify and engage with Ministries of Health and other key stakeholders to understand market needs and supply constraints. Understand priorities and objectives of stakeholders.
- Work with PATH partners including multilateral organizations, manufacturers, nonprofits, and country governments to coordinate supply and delivery of essential health products.
- Analyze and develop market intervention strategies for target markets in global health to inform decisions of governments, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Participate in and contribute to regular strategic discussions for project implementation.
Technical product analysis
- Analyze target product specifications and develop use cases for health-related equipment and advise teams on product procurements.
- Support the evaluation of innovative and novel products for their suitability, health impact potential, and compatibility with existing systems.
Data modeling and market analytics
- Develop and use a range of standardized tools, econometric methods, frameworks and modeling approaches and establish best practices for various types of analyses/models.
- Conduct and/or contribute to landscaping efforts and create data visualizations to foster their interpretation for country or global stakeholder presentations.
- Support database design and management for supply chain and market analysis.
- Passionate about addressing health issues in low-resource settings with a demonstrated commitment to equity.
- Ability to derive strategic insights for country and global stakeholders from data analysis and primary research
- Experience conducting analysis on economic and/or public health trade-offs to develop recommendations for broad audiences.
- Proven effectiveness working in a team-based environment, but capable also of working independently and taking initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and thrive in fast-paced and high-pressure situations.
- Comfortable with working openly and transparently, sharing work-in-progress, failures, successes, and lessons-learned.
- Humble, self-driven, fast learner that functions well in a highly collaborative environment as part of a cross-disciplinary, cross-cultural team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent French and English language skills.
- Comfortable working in ambiguous situations.
- Proficiency with software programs such as R, Python, Excel or Stata.
- Versatile and responsive working virtually and collaboratively with teams across the world.
- Ability and willingness to travel regionally and internationally approximately 10-25% of the time.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Public Policy, Public Health, Epidemiology or equivalent plus 1-2+ years’ experience that involves data and/or market analysis or a Bachelor’s Degree plus 2-3+ years’ experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Technical knowledge of market analysis to inform decision-making, experience working with healthcare products, and/or technical product analysis, preferably within the context of LMICs.
- Direct experience working in the West Africa region.
- Consulting experience is a plus.
- Experience within respiratory care ecosystems is a plus