PATH recruits 01 Technical Program Manager
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The global health sector is undergoing a digital transformation in its ongoing commitment to solve health challenges and increase health equity. Our work focuses on supporting countries in using data and digital tools and approaches to accelerate and amplify their health investments, achieve their health outcomes, and increase health impact. An important driver and component of that work is the digital transformation of global health itself. The Center of Digital and Data Excellence (CoDE) works with government ministries of health, the private sector, and donors to improve the use of digital technologies and data for improved health services.
The CoDE team houses Digital Square which is a global initiative, supported by PATH and funded by multiple donors, including USAID and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, to invest in and mature the field of global digital health to realize this promise. We are maturing the field by improving coordination and alignment of both the donors that fund digital health projects and the community that implements them. We are improving the open source digital health software ecosystem and the capacity of governments to choose, maintain, and use these global goods. This increased coordination and matured software ecosystem will allow low- and middle-income countries to effectively manage their own regional and country digital health systems, thereby reducing reliance on development technical assistance over the longer term and improving health impact. For more information about Digital Square, its objectives and our progress to date please visit our website.
To support our ongoing efforts in Senegal, Burkina Faso, and Mali PATH is recruiting a Technical Project Manager (TPM) to provide digital health expertise to our Francophone Africa based programs. Managed by our Senior Technical Manager the TPM will support the following activities:
- Work with the program team to develop and/or advise on HIS policy guidance and global standards/frameworks distilled from desk reviews and global standards
- Provide technical assistance to countries and on the design and deployment of digital health infrastructure providing advice to governments, teams, and donors
- Contribute to preparation of project reports, and presents briefings on proposed and ongoing activities.
- Support trainings, webinars, meetings, connect at hons, interoperability labs, etc.
- Contribute to development and tracking of project work plan, timelines, milestones, resource allocation, and deliverables associated with assigned projects.
- Actively collaborate with project staff to support the establishment of guidelines, review data systems, and oversee adherence to the Digital Principles, eHealth strategies and standards. Be a champion for data use across different levels of the health system.
- Foster harmonization of interoperability architectures in support of communication with and between digital systems, and technology standards to improve health system performance.
- Actively collaborate with project staff to support the establishment of guidelines, review data systems, and oversee adherence to the Digital Principles, eHealth strategies and standards. Be a champion for data use across different levels of the health system
- Foster harmonization of interoperability architectures in support of communication with and between digital systems, and technology standards to improve health system performance and promote the use of global goods.
- Provide technical expertise to the Open Proposal Process by reviewing proposals, identifying opportunities for collaboration between proposals or with other initiatives, and suggesting technical approaches.
- Provide project management to approved proposals, including managing deliverables for timeliness and completeness, and providing additional technical oversight and implementation support as needed.
- Represent CoDE at workshops, conferences and other events
- Other duties as necessary and as assigned.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree and five (5) to ten (10) years of experience providing technical assistance for healthcare-related ICT interventions in low- and middle-income settings.
- Practical experience in health information and disease surveillance systems, interoperability and international standards; open global health information system software such as, but not limited to, DHIS2, OpenMRS and iHRIS.
- Advanced degree in public health or technology-related field (e.g. computer science, international relations, economics) a plus.
- Passion for PATH’s mission, as well as for broader global issues of public health, information systems, technology and international development
- Availability to travel to the field to provide short term technical assistance
- Fluency in English and French required.
Must have legal authorization to work in Senegal
Closing date : 7 August 2021.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter path.silkroad.com.