PATH recruits 01 Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Officer
Position is contingent upon successful award of project funding
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The Sr. Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Officer will support a potential United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/Senegal procurement designed to improve reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health (RMNCH), family planning, nutrition, malaria, AIDS, and WASH activities in the most vulnerable urban and peri-urban districts of the Dakar region. The project will strengthen the quality of routine health services, strengthen linkages between facility- and community-based services, leverage private sector resources and services, improve the capacity of the Ministry of Health (MOH) to utilize and oversee private providers, and develop interventions and innovations to tackle root causes of health disparities in urban zones.
The Sr. MEL Officer will play a key role in leading the design and implementation of the project MEL plan in collaboration with project staff and partners. S/he will monitor and evaluate project implementation in order to support meaningful adaptive management and program improvement. S/he will develop and maintain systems to collect, analyze, and report information on inputs, outputs, outcomes and impact of the program, guide reporting processes among technical staff, consolidate program reports, and lead responses to USAID for regular and ad hoc reporting requirements. S/he will manage key internal and external activities determining project success, such as tracking deliverables, coordinating efforts, and identifying and managing critical risks. This position will be based in Dakar.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage implementation of MEL plan along with project staff and partners.
- Convene project partners and MOH stakeholders to co-create a shared learning agenda aligned with the overall Collaborating, Learning, Adapting (CLA) plan.
- Ensure existing data sources including routine information system is leveraged and enhanced, liaise with the MoH (or relevant ministries) and private sector regarding health sector data collection
- Collect data and maintain the data system for program monitoring data, establish baselines for relevant indicators
- Conduct team/ partner trainings to ensure data quality at each step of the project data management system (source, collection, collation, analysis, reporting, use)
- Work with MOH and partners to identify and leverage suitable quality improvement mechanisms, enhance them (as needed) to capture specific project related aspects related to program quality.
- Develop and institutionalize rapid data review and feedback cycles to ensure project uses evaluation and routine data to inform activity planning and evidence-based implementation.
- Lead, design and performs assessments/studies/ implementation research requiring independent analysis and interpretation, on a regular and recurring basis
- Collaborate with project data manager to develop and maintain systems to collect, analyze and visualize information on inputs, outputs, outcomes and impact of the program.
- Contribute to annual work plans by leading development of annual project monitoring and evaluation plans, setting annual targets, and developing activities to strengthening project and stakeholders’ ability to collect, clean, report, analyze, and use programmatic data.
- Guide reporting processes amongst technical staff and consolidate program reports. Lead responses to USAID for regular and ad hoc reporting requirements.
- Support technical staff in MEL functions and coordinate with other government, PATH, and partner MEL staff to disseminate and use MEL information.
- Promote learning and dissemination of best practices and lessons learnt internally and externally, including applicable findings from evaluations to appropriate audiences and support the writing of manuscripts.
Core competencies/required skills:
- Master’s degree in public health, statistics, or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation of complex health projects, knowledge management and dissemination, and program design and learning. Minimum 4+ years of USAID project M&E experience required.
- Strong experience in using routine information systems
- Prior experience setting up and implementing data collection systems to track performance per project objectives.
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, evaluation and implementation research, health information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis, and visualization
- Strong facilitation skills and experience in supporting data-driven conversations with non-technical audiences
- Experience and proficiency in writing reports for monitoring and reporting on project outcomes and impacts, including performance monitoring plans for external audiences, and manuscripts for publication.
- Ability to synthesize analysis into narrative for learning products, publications and materials for dissemination to broader audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to consult with donors, government and multisectoral partners, and the capacity to work collaboratively with fellow team members, and members of other complementary teams.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and demonstrated track record of producing high quality, well-written deliverables in a timely fashion.
- Competency in MS Office Suite and at least one statistical package such as Stata or SPSS.
- Oral and written fluency in French and English required.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Senegal.
Senegalese nationals encouraged to apply.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter path.silkroad.com.