PATH recruits 01 Partnership Engagement and Communication Intern
- Title: Partnership engagement and communication
- Location(s) of internship: Dakar, Senegal
- Global Program: Global Health Program
- Project Name: Senegal NCDA Project
- Start Date: December 1st, 2020
- Duration: Three (3) months
- Estimated number of hours per week: 40
- Will the intern be receiving a stipend?*: YES
- Will the intern travel? (Local or international): NO
*Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest and how you meet the qualifications.
Description of internship project:
PATH is leading and coordination the New Senegal Non-Communicable Diseases Alliance to achieve these goals: To engage Senegalese civil society organizations to be actively involved in forming the Senegal NCD Alliance. Evaluate the situation of NCDs in Senegal in terms of prevalence and state of response. Make the Senegal NCD Alliance operational and functional. Conduct mapping and situational analysis of the political and multisectoral context of NCD control and their risk factors and the integration of NCDs in Universal Health Care (UHC).
PATH is seeking an intern on partnership engagement and communication to participate on the Senegal non communicable Diseases Alliance (NCDA) development, membership and advance NCDA goals.
This project is funded by the global NCDA.
PATH is leading and coordination the New Senegal Non-Communicable Diseases Alliance to achieve these goals:
- To engage Senegalese civil society organizations to be actively involved in forming the Senegal NCD Alliance.
- Evaluate the situation of NCDs in Senegal in terms of prevalence and state of response.
- Make the Senegal NCD Alliance operational and functional.
- Conduct mapping and situational analysis of the political and multisectoral context of NCD control and their risk factors and the integration of NCDs in Universal Health Care (UHC).
Internship goals and learning objectives/benefit to the intern
- Learning about enrollment and partner commitment to join a national non-communicable disease alliance
- Learn by doing the development of strategies to create a common identity for alliance members.
- Develop a communication to make the alliance known
- Coordination of a multisectoral partnership
- Identify the different stages of a project
- Integrate an international NGO recognized for its work in the field of health and innovation
- Participate in a national project and have the opportunity to meet with a wide range of government and civil society actors.
- To have the opportunity to develop knowledge in partner engagement and communication strategy.
- Assist in the process of identifying potential partners for the Non-Communicable Disease alliance
- Participate in developing the mapping of stakeholders in non-communicable diseases control in Senegal.
- Assist in organizing alliance meetings, taking meeting notes and producing minutes.
- Actively participate in recruiting partners to join the alliance.
- Help to coordinate the various activities of the alliance
- Maintain a dynamic position in the communication and commitment of partners to achieve the alliance’s objectives.
Learning outcomes (how the Intern’s performance will be evaluated)
- Completion of task according to the timeline
- Development of partnership and membership in NCDA
- Mapping of stakeholders working on NCD
- Coordination of meeting and events organized by the NCDA
Required skills and experience
- At least one year of experience working on Partnership engagement, communication
- Experience working in non-profit organizations or in Health sector is a plus.
- Proven communication and development skills
- Strong Written and communication skills
- Knowledge in social mobilization
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter path.silkroad.com.