PATH recruits 01 Finance intern, Senegal
- Title: Finance intern
- Location(s) of internship: Dakar, Senegal
- Global Program: Global Health Programs
- Project Name: Senegal Country Program
- Start Date: August 2020
- Duration: Six (6) months
- Estimated number of hours per week: 40 hours
- Will the intern be receiving a stipend?*: Yes
- Will the intern travel? (local or international): No
*Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest and how you meet the qualifications.
Description of internship project
PATH Senegal works in partnership with Ministry of Health towards improving the health of the Senegalese population. Since 2001, PATH has collaborated with government leaders, communities, health care workers, and other stakeholders to identify and deploy innovative approaches to combat malaria and other infectious diseases, strengthen health systems, improve reproductive health, and address the growing threat of non-communicable diseases. Going forward, PATH will continue to expand its work and partnerships in Senegal to strengthen health systems, improve services, and bring high-quality care to women, children, and communities.
The finance team is supporting project activities handling and particularly this year for the Covid response. This increases the volume of cash requests and activities management. Therefore, the intern will reinforce the team.
Internship goals and learning objectives/benefit to the intern:
During this internship, the selected candidate will :
- Learn how the finance department is supporting PATH’s programs in Senegal
- Have the ability to develop his/her skills in terms of analysis
- Be able to increase his/her capabilities in the use of an ERP like Business World
The intern will support the team with:
- Enter invoices in Business World
- Assist the Finance officer in the analysis of advances account for employees
- Ensure that supporting documents are complete and accurate for workshops advance clearance
- Support program in others requests in Finance team
- Assist the Finance Officer regarding inventory and finance document storage
Learning outcomes (how the Intern’s performance will be evaluated):
The intern will be evaluated based on:
- Ongoing performance review
- Feedback from colleagues
Required skills and experience:
- Have at least a bachelor’s in finance and accounting
- Have two (2) years’ experience in accounting
- Speak fluently English and French
- Be familiar with MS environment
- Be able to work in a multicultural environment
*All PATH internships are eligible for school credit. Please refer to your university’s process for credit eligibility.
Must have legal authorization to work in Senegal.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter path.silkroad.com.