PATH recruits 01 Africa Finance Manager
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH’s Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team is seeking an Africa Finance Manager for the newly created Africa region. The Africa Finance Manager is responsible for driving much of the day-to-day activities and responsibilities related to supporting the regional level financial controlling, reporting, analysis, modeling, forecasting, and budgeting. This position will be the principal resource to provide meaningful analytics to support regional needs, including analysis of monthly results (for the full regional P&L from revenue to expenses) to the Africa management team and corporate headquarters. The Africa Finance Manager is a champion of data integrity within the region who monitors and controls the entry of department-level internal allocation budgets.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Financial Planning & Analysis and on a dotted line to the Chief of Africa region. The position is a local position and depending on the country of origin of the selected candidate, may be based in Dakar, Kinshasa, Lusaka, Johannesburg, or Nairobi.
- Lead the regional budget and planning process for the Africa region (budgeting, period forecasting, and reporting) in conjunction with local country leadership, finance staff, and local programs.
- Mentor a team of in-countries finance staff, supporting their development and alignment with PATH procedures and systems
- Act as a technical lead on processes, practices, and systems for the in country’s finance team to ensure high work standard and alignment.
- Develop and maintain key models and reports for reporting performance against the budget and other Key Performance Indicators, driving divisional leaders’ accountability. Highlight any key challenges or opportunities influencing the region’s performance against goals.
- Analyze regional monthly financial performance against forecast and budget, investigate variances, communicate findings, and make recommendations to regional leadership.
- Act as a strategic, trusted advisor to the Chief of Africa region and regional leadership team. Advise teams on short-term and long-range budget planning issues.
- To analyze the impact of service changes and provide the cost implications of service redesign, adjusting budgets in accordance with changes in service provision if necessary
- Perform periodic financial forecasts highlighting any key challenges or opportunities influencing performance to goals.
- Work directly with program leadership on financial analysis and modeling pertinent to their respective program areas and keep them aware of key financial issues.
- Support in-countries finance teams on cost principles and compliance issues.
- Participate in the regional strategy in terms of allocation of internal resources.
- Participate in ad-hoc requests, cross-cutting projects, and analysis as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or relevant field from an accredited college or university. A Master’s degree (would be a plus).
- At least ten (10) years of progressive financial planning and analysis experience.
- Experience in a global nonprofit organization would be a plus.
- Advanced Excel modeling skills and proficiency in other Microsoft Office Suite applications including Excel, Access, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication/presentation skills.
- Ability to model and synthesize complex financial information, operating and KPI data into appealing presentations (to a nonfinancial audience) to facilitate understanding of operational results and drive performance improvement decisions.
- Experience working with large datasets and data visualization software, a strong plus
- A deep business understanding of the programmatic work performed by PATH within the region (for all health areas) and potential business opportunities (pipeline); should be able to clearly articulate the business challenges encountered and opportunities.
- Strong organizational skills with detail-orientation, good follow-through, and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proven cultural agility and the ability to work and succeed in collaborating with different cultures.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment and build relationships with diverse departments, collaborators, and field staff.
- Ability to manage finances or budgets of multiple projects concurrently. Ability to quickly come up to speed on new concepts by synthesizing research for deeper analysis.
- Very good understanding of the regional business environment and nuances of the local cultures.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
- Fluency in French is highly desirable.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment.
PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter path.silkroad.com.