Overseas Strategic Consulting recruits 01 Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Overseas Strategic Consulting, Ltd. is seeking a Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist for the anticipated USAID Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning in Senegal activity. This proposed activity will complement and augment USAID/Senegal’s bilateral performance management, and more effectively disseminate learning within the Mission and to a range of local stakeholders. This Platform will advance USAID/Senegal’s commitment to program effectiveness across all sectors, and will support USAID/Senegal to make informed strategic and management decisions. The Platform will have a distinct focus on strengthening MEL capacity in the Government of Senegal, as well as sub-national state institutions, local civil society organizations, community-based organizations, and implementing partners in the country.
The Senior M&E Specialist will oversee and participate in evaluations and assessments throughout the life of the task order. He/she will be responsible for organizing and managing all monitoring tasks. It is expected that the Senior M&E Specialist will also serve as evaluation team leader for most evaluations conducted under this contract. S/he will also contribute substantially to the design and field testing of the evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks conducted under this contract. S/he will also be responsible for the design, quality, development and completion of all assessments, analytical reports, and evaluations.
- Senegalese national
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field such as international development, project management, statistics, or economics.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of progressively more responsible experience in leading the monitoring, evaluation, and analysis of donor development projects.
- Experience in design and implementation of evaluations of development interventions.
- Experience in design and field testing of data collection instruments (e.g., questionnaires and interview guides) and in advanced research methods and sampling.
- Experience in design for M&E systems, data quality control and reporting for projects and programs.
- Previous substantive experience working on an evaluation team. Previous experience serving as evaluation team leader is highly desirable.
- Previous experience working in Senegal is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication and presentations skills.
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written English and French.
How to apply
To apply- Please email resume and three professional references to OSC@OSCLTD.com. Please indicate “Senegal Senior M&E Specialist” in your subject line.
OSC is committed to recruiting, employing, promoting, and retaining the best-qualified individuals without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. This position is contingent upon contract award from USAID.
Closing date : 31 May 2021.