Orange Social Venture Prize Africa & Middle East 2018
Deadline: May 31, 2018
Applications for the 8th Orange Social Venture Prize in Africa and the Middle East are now being accepted. This prize, awarded by Orange, rewards innovative projects based on Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) which improve the living conditions of people in Africa and the Middle East in fields such as education, healthcare, farming, mobile payments or sustainable development.
For the eighth year in a row, Orange brings to the community an international contest dedicated to social businesses which innovate with information and communication technology. Last year, 1187 project owners took part and 49 applications were rewarded.
The Orange Social Venture Prize is open to all students, employees and entrepreneurs over age 21 whose initiative is under three (3) years old and serves in Africa and the Middle East.
The competition will start with a national phase, during which each of the 17 participating Orange subsidiaries will assess the projects submitted in its country and select three (3) winners. This will be followed by an international phase, during which all 51 national winners will compete in front of an international jury which will present the Orange Social Venture Prize grand prize to the three (3) final winners at the AfricaCom Awards event, to be held in Cape Town, South Africa in November.
In addition to national prizes, the three (3) winners will receive:
- €25,000, €15,000 and €10,000 respectively,
- Six months of personalised support from start-up creation and financing professionals.
- The contest is open to citizens of all countries, provided that their project deploys in one of those countries: Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea Conakry, Jordan, Liberia, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mauritius, Niger, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Tunisia.
- Entrepreneurs aged 21 or more, who have yet to register their company or whose company has been registered less than 3 years ago, can participate and take their shot at getting the financial rewards and the other rewards.
To enter the contest, you need to fill in the registration form. You need to provide a picture (logo, photo, etc.), the business plan in a PDF file (which will not be published) and a small public description of the project.
Beware: in order to validate your registration, you have to submit a presentation of your project. In your file you must answer to the elements below:
- Synthetically present the project (1000 to 2000 characters)
- Analyze the market
- Explain why the project answers to the identified need
- Introduce the management team
- Present the financial forecasts
- Assess the societal and/or environmental impact