ONU Carrière recrute 01 Strategic Management Consultant
vacance de poste
Intitulé publication: Strategic Management Consultant
Département / Bureau: Programme des Nations Unies pour les établissements humains
Lieu d’affectation: TUNIS
Période de candidature: – 07 juin 2023
No de l’appel á candidature: 23-United Nations Human Settlements Programme-210287-Consultant
Staffing Exercise N/A
Valeurs fondamentales de l’ONU: intégrité, professionnalisme, respect de la diversité
Résultat de la prestation
The purpose of this consultancy is strategic management.
Lieu de travail
Fonctions et responsabilités
UN-Habitat, the United Nations Human Settlements Programme, is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities. It is the focal point for all urbanization and human settlement matters within the UN system.
In Tunisia, the current practice and attitude to waste disposal is to get rid of waste and throw it away. Incorrect waste disposal not only causes pollution, it affects groundwater, local flora and fauna, causes many diseases and has a huge environmental and economic cost. The main challenges related to waste collection and transfer in Tunisia are the following:
• Waste is scattered by waste pickers to recover recyclable materials.
• Several Dark spots, i.e. open dumps without security in the areas of these 2 municipalities.
• Difficulty in collecting SWM in low-income neighbourhoods (access to dumpsites, burning of plastic containers, causing health hazards for inhabitants).
• Nuisance in garbage sites due to leachate (A leachate is the contaminated liquid produced by the contact of rainwater, surface water and rainwater with landfilled waste that leaks from MSW collection vehicles).
• Problem of light waste being blown away by uncovered vehicles (vehicles unsuitable for waste transport).
• Leachate leakage in transfer centres, leading to their periodic closure and periodic social tensions.
• Socio-professional requirements of workers.
• Low valorisation of waste management.
The consultant will be working under the direct supervision of the Head of Tunisia Office, Ms. Aida Robbana.
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant will carry out the following tasks and responsibilities:
1. Mapping of actors in the citrus value chain.
2. Mapping of start-ups and the potential available to develop an ecosystem.
3. Define scenarios for developing the value of citrus products.
4. Facilitation of 6 workshops with local beneficiaries.
Master’s degree in in strategic and management studies or related field is required.
Five years experience in the field of local product development, development project management and monitoring and evaluation is required.
Familiarity working with the Government of Tunisia institutions in the field of food security, public policy and local governance is desirable.
Experience with UN System is an asset.
Fluency in oral and written Arabic and French is required. Knowledge of English is an asset.
Aucun frais de dossier
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.POSTULER