ONU Carrière recrute 01 Logistics Planning and Coordination Officer
vacance de poste
Intitulé publication: Logistics Planning and Coordination Officer
Département / Bureau: Bureau d’appui des Nations Unies en Somalie
Lieu d’affectation: MOGADISHU
Période de candidature: – 19 septembre 2023
No de l’appel á candidature: 23-United Nations Support Office in Somalia-217703-Consultant
Staffing Exercise N/A
Valeurs fondamentales de l’ONU: intégrité, professionnalisme, respect de la diversité
Résultat de la prestation
• Align mission strategic objectives and coordinated lines of operation in order to meet the dynamic support requirements for ATMIS and SSF across the phases of its reconfiguration and transition;
• Support strategic guidance for UNSOS Pillars and Sections to develop their work plans, which are aligned to the Reconfiguration and transition goals and objectives.
• Provide inputs into UNSOS compacts to reflect on achieving KPIs related to Reconfiguration and Transition.
• Align UNSOS Mission Plans and Mission Support Concepts to the KPIs established for ATMIS Reconfiguration and Transition of security responsibility to SSF.
• Contribute to SG Reports for reconfiguration and transition.
• Support strategic engagement with respect to reconfiguration and transition when required.
• Coordinate with UNSOM, ATMIS, DOS, DPPA, UNOAU, AU and other partners (international bilateral donors, CAS, UNCT etc.) on strategic and cross-cutting issues related to the reconfiguration and transition
Lieu de travail
Fonctions et responsabilités
The position is located in the Transition Planning Cell (TPC) within the United Nations Support Office in Somalia (UNSOS). The incumbent will report to the Chief of, Transition Planning Cell (TPC). The Logistics Planning and Coordination Officer (LPCO) in the TPC is to provide strategic logistics planning guidance and contributions to the TPC as a whole, to analyze, develop, plan, and endeavor to implement the UNSOS mandate in support of the reconfiguration of African Union Transition Mission in Somalia (ATMIS) and the security transition including of logistic responsibility, to the Federal Government of Somalia (FGS) in accordance with its Security Transition Plan (STP). The incumbent’s major duties and responsibilities include:
Planning and Coordination
1. Assists the Chief, TPC, to support mission-specific operations and wider mission realignment and repositioning for strategic planning issues.
2. Works in collaboration with the Chief, TPC, and other TPC personnel to facilitate joint and integrated support planning between ATMIS, Somali Security Forces (SSF), United Nations Assistance Mission in Somalia (UNSOM), UNSOS components, and as required, UN Agencies, Funds and Programmes (UNAFP)in accordance with the policies on Integrated Assessment and Planning, and senior management guidance.
3. Assists in preparing Mission Concepts and/or similar initiatives, building on the vision of the Head of UNSOS, translating this to the Chief, TPC for Mission-mandated tasks. The format is to detail objectives, timelines, and expected outcomes.
4. Assists Chief, TPC, to coordinate with UNSOS Mission leadership, UNSOM, UNAFP, and other partners on strategic and cross-cutting issues related to reconfiguration and transition.
5. Provides selective advice to UNSOS/UNSOM components in the development of tasked-focused plans, with a focus on maintaining coherence with the Mission’s overall strategic direction.
6. Analyses, develops, prepares, and seeks review/approval for existing policies, new and revised SOPs, workflow processes, and procedures, as well as striving for continuous improvements and practices through enhanced capacity.
7. As directed by Chief TPC or Mission leadership, designs and facilitates the development of logistical strategies and plans required to implement the Mission’s mandate.
Budget and Finance
9. Provides inputs for the Mission Results-Based Budgeting (RBB) framework, KPI’s, performance reports, and budget monitoring and performance reporting.
10. Provides inputs and support the chief, TPC, to implement the budget parameters related to Reconfiguration and Transition and to ensure that adequate resources are available for implementing integrated plans, mission priorities, and integrated strategic framework.
11. Provides inputs for resource mobilization for SSF Trust Fund
Communication and Reporting
11. Develops and maintains a very effective communication plan and sustains high standards of internal communication with UNSOS Pillars and externally with ATMIS, SSF, UNSOM, UNAFP, and other clients with respect to logistics support matters.
12. Seeks to sustain an overall communication package requirement, including contributing, as required, to branding/rebranding strategy aspects for UNSOS Pillars.
13. Assist Chief, TPC, in monitoring and reporting on progress against plans, implemented procedural changes, and any prepared contingencies, with coordinated contributions by impacted UNSOS Pillars.
14. Serves as a backup TPC communication reference point for the collective assembly of corporate knowledge relative to strategic planning and implementation of key mandate factors e.g., Sector decentralization, FOB Concept for Handover/Closure, and FGS/ATMIS/AU communications.
15. Coordinates TPC level communication and reports to the UNSOS headquarters-based Pillars and Sections and supports and any Sector or other high-level Mission visits or assessments.
16. Assists in the coordination and general communication activities of the UNSOS TPC.
17. Performs other duties as required.
Advanced University degree in Business or Supply Chain Management or Technical Logistics equivalent is required. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying two years of experience, may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
• A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible experience in the military profession is required, including experience in logistics matters and the ability to engage in discussions at the operational and strategic levels.
• Applicant must have served as a military officer in the rank of Army Major or equivalent in other services or higher.
• Operational experience as a member of peace support operations is required.
• Command or senior technical experience at Unit/Depot/Base Workshops level or a higher and Logistic staff experience at Battalion level or higher is desirable.
• Civil-military relations experience is also desirable.
• Civilian logistics and supply chain experience is desirable in addition to military logistics experience.
English and French are the two working languages of the UN Secretariat. For this post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
Aucun frais de dossier
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.POSTULER