OMS recrute 01 Responsable régional des opérations et du soutien logistique
Objectives of the programme
The mission of WHO’s Emergencies Preparedness and Response (EPR) program is to support member states to:i) prepare for and prevent disease outbreaks and health emergencies, ii) promptly detect, report, and confirm outbreaks, and iii) strengthen and sustain their capacity to respond to and recover from the negative effects of health emergencies
Description of duties
Within the framework of the delegated authority, the incumbent is assigned all or part of the following duties which are performed according to the needs and agenda: Finance, HR management support and Coordination Ensure the development and implementation of relevant finance/grant management and human resources policies for all staff within the EPR cluster, according to WHO norms and standards. Supervise grant management process, review proposals for funding, including the checking the quality of budgets, etc. Support human resource planning for emergency preparedness, detection and response activities. Identify OSL Staff to be deployed to emergency areas in a timely manner, based on the relevance of their experience. Collaborate with the HR team within EPR, to ensure that human resources needs are met at the regional, hub and country levels, before, during and after crises. Support other EPR units in recruitment efforts. Support the HR team to ensure performance management procedures and policies are followed. Facilitate the delivery of trainings and knowledge transfer activities to help build the capacity of staff at all levels of EPR organization. Office & Filed Operations Support Strengthening engagement of partners throughout the Region and support managers of units to understand and adhere to donor requirements, the implementation of international program standards and adherence to internal guidelines, policies and procedures.
Ensure hub and country teams have security guidelines and policies in place and any EPR team members or EPR consultants have relevant security information before travel. Collaborate with the emergency preparedness, detection and response units within EPR to plan and catalogue and improve scenarios for their needs during emergencies. Collaborate with the health logistics and supply chain unit leads within OSL to ensure provision of adequate operational support for staff during both routine and emergency periods (i.e., Housing, safety, health, compensation). Work with member states and partners on the ground to share and monitor information on the security context to inform decision making around staff deployments. Monitoring and Evaluation Prepare and submit regular reports and evaluations to the OSL manager on the regional implementation of OSL strategies, policies and plans, including tracking of key performance indicators.
Document best practices for OSL management processes and ensure lessons learnt are shared across the organization. Collaborate with M&E teams to ensure reporting in due time and form.
- Essential: Advanced university degree in operations management or other related fields (i.e., business administration, logistics, transport, etc.) from an accredited/recognized institution
- Desirable: Training or demonstrated experience in the organization and delivery of emergency health response. Leadership or management trainings.
- Essential: At least ten (10) years of proven experience in managing large scale operations in the public health or humanitarian sector, as well as emergency planning.
- Desirable: Prior relevant work experience in WHO/UN system, recognized humanitarian organizations, or with an international nongovernmental organization administration.
- Experience in supply chain management during major operations such as peacekeeping, military maneuvers, large food distribution, etc. Field experience in public health programs or emergency response programs in developing countries
- Demonstrated project and operational management skills, including management of teams and budget/finance literacy skills. Sound organizational and planning skills complemented by ability to multi-task and produce results under pressure within short deadlines.
- Extensive experience working with donors and managing a portfolio of grants.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Emergency planning and preparedness at the local, state and national level.
- Demonstrated IT skills with emphasis on finance, human resources and operations management.
- Excellent interpersonal with proven negotiating abilities.
- Strong awareness and understanding of political sensitivities.
The candidate will have a strong ability to:
- Set priorities for teams, meet critical deadlines and follow up on assignments, with minimum direction.
- Communicate professionally and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with co-workers, high-level officials, public organizations and the general public to exchange or convey information.
- Exercise sound independent judgment within established policy and procedural guidelines.
- Prepare clear, concise and accurate reports, correspondence, informational packets and other written materials.
- Perform superior organizational, project management, problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Maintain composure and function effectively in potentially challenging circumstances.
- Logically analyze problems, interpret data, determine alternatives and propose solutions.
- Engage with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, in person and virtually.
- Maintain a reserved disposition when dealing with a crisis, so as not to provoke further worry in others.
- Adaptability and ability to make quick decisions as situations change and develop.
- Anticipate hazards and issues that might arise during an emergency and prepare accordingly.
- Perform detailed data and information analyses and make recommendations
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Use of Language Skills
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of French.
Closing Date: Dec 17, 2023, 11:59:00 PM
Pour postuler, veuillez cliquer sur ce lien : careers.who.int.