||Vacancy Announcement (VN)
Open to Internal and external Candidates
||ICT and Database Assistant
|Type of contract
|Duration of the contract
|Estimated Start Date
|As soon as possible
April 16, 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to an environment of diversity and integration. Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Under the direct supervisor of the ICT officer in Niamey and the global supervision of the SRMO and CoM the incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies.
- Fonctions / Responsabilités :
- Assist to secure the implementation of IOM ITC standards, policies and guidelines, with regards to implementation of network systems, IT security, software licensing, telecoms and ITC procurement.
- Maintenance of the Niamey and sub offices local Area Network (LAN), Computer hardware, backup and connectivity, including LAN security related issues.
- Monitoring and administration of mission-critical VPN based connectivity and providing helpdesk support to the sub- office.
- Support administration of server providing ICT service (Internet, file sharing service, Antivirus software and other) and configuration of such services in Niamey and sub offices desktops and laptops.
- Create and manage an overall tracking system for the ITC Equipment Inventory.
- Virus detection, removal and prevention for servers and clients, ensuring the latest updates of Windows OS and antivirus are used at all time.
- Telerad Application focal point and coordination with Medical unit
- Develop where necessary and provide ITC and network usage training to all end users to ensure productive use of existing and new systems.
- Provide technical guidance to the IOM Niger team in the use of MARS and resolve usage errors and malfunctions that arise and provide trainings to technical and non-technical staff on using MARS, including through helpdesk-based support service.
- Facilitate the data transfer from MARS to Mimosa; Ensure that MARS is working smoothly in all IOM transit centers in Niger.
- Support management and reporting requests related to MARS and provide error correction service and operational bugs fixing.
- Facilitate change of requests that do not affect the overall structure and workflow of IOM Niger local developed systems – MARS, VR, ICRS, etc..
- Provide guidance and training to new/junior staff in the unit.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- Profil :
- University degree in computer sciences and a minimum of 4 years’ experience in wired/wireless networking environment (LAN/WAN) first level helpdesk support and database applications. Master’s degree in relevant field is an advantage.
- or combination of education and relevant professional experience.
- 2 years’ Experience with Windows Server software (2000/2003) in a multi –site environment, TCP/IP, MS Office, Antivirus Software and IT utilities…
- Having worked in an international organization is a distinct advantage
- 3 years’ Experience with database structure and data strategy
- At least 3 years’ Experience in LAN cabling implementations and WAN routing configurations.
- Fluency in English and French
- Local languages.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others and building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.