OIE recruits 01 Finance and Administrative Assistant – WOAH Sub-Regional Representation in Tunis,Tunisia
Positioning and reporting
Under the authority of the Director General of the World Organisation for Animal Health (ex. OIE) and the direct supervision of the WOAH Sub-Regional Representative in Tunis, Tunisia.
The Finance and Administrative Assistant contributes to the execution of a wide range of financial services and administrative processes of the Representation, ensuring timeliness, efficiency and transparent use of financial resources and delivery of services in accordance with organizational financial rules, regulations, policies, and procedures. The Financial and Administrative Assistant promotes a client-oriented approach, in liaison and coordination with the WOAH Headquarters, to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Missions and activities
1- PROVIDE FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT:
– Advise the Sub-Regional Representative on administrative and finance reporting, clearance procedures on finance, procurement, recruitment, payments, travel, etc. in accordance with WOAH Note de Service;
– Draft administrative and financial management correspondence and be responsible for follow-up;
– Assume responsibility for stationery stocks, office forms, leave applications, mission orders, etc.;
– Collect and analyse quotations for purchase or lease of equipment, services and materials for the office and prepare and follow up on procurement requests;
– Realize the classification and archive of the files;
– Supervise support staff in charge of adequate maintenance of offices, buildings and vehicles;
– Organize the logistics of regional technical meetings in the sub-region (travel, hotel reservations,logistics related to the conferences,etc……) as well the missions and trips of representative and his staff;
– Keeps up-to-date the accounting documents (cash journal, bank journal, etc….) in close collaboration with accounting and budget team of the HQ in Paris, prepares the financial and accounting.
2- MANAGE THE ACCOUNTING WORK:
– Record and archive the accounting documents;
– Contribute to the monthly entry of cash and bank transactions in treasury journals;
– Ensure bank reconciliations;
– Verify the accounting documents are correct and eligible;
– Prepare the monthly financial report for the various accounts for approval by the Sub-Regional Representative and submission to the WOAH Head Office in Paris;
– Monitor payment requests, obtain necessary clearance and ensure payments are affected promptly;
– Assist in the drafting of accounting procedures;
– Advise and assist international staff, experts, consultants, and other staff on aspects of allowances, salary advances, travel claims and other financial matters;
3- CONTRIBUTE TO BUDGET ACTIVITIES:
– Assist in the preparation and the follow-up of the annual budget of the SRR;
– Assist in the preparation and the follow-up of the budget of the regional events.
– Assist WOAH headquarters in the development and formalization of accounting procedures.
Expériences / Formation
Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate degree (bachelor or similar) in Finance, Accounting, or related fields (business or public Administration) is required;
- At least five (5) years of relevant professional experience in administrative support tasks, including at least 2 years in financial management/accounting experience with the preparation of budgets;
- Working experience within an international organization is an asset.
- Excellent IT skills with proficiency in the use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience in the use of SAGE is an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of financial rules and regulations and accounting principles;
- Ability to administer and execute financial and accounting processes and transactions;
- Excellent knowledge of English Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written) and a working knowledge of French & Arabic
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal)
- Discretion, good sense of judgement and capacity to deal efficiently and tactfully with people of different cultural backgrounds
- Good organizational and coordination skills
- Flexibility to adjust work schedules and priorities
- Capacity to work with multiple team members in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Salary: Monthly base salary at 1250 Euros gross (commensurate with qualifications and experience)
- Contract duration: Three-year fixed term appointment, with the possibility of renewal.
- The position is based in Tunis, Tunisia and will follow general Tunisian Labour Law working conditions.
- Minimum 40 hours for 5 days in a week with 25 days statutory leave annually.
The WOAH places high value on a multicultural and positive work environment.
The WOAH is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications of all qualified candidates, irrespective of their ethnic origin, gender, opinions, or beliefs.
If you are interested in the position, please complete your application online by 8 July 2022 at the latest by clicking on the link below.