OIE recruits 01 Administrative Assistant-Trilingual – World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) – Paris, France
Positioning and reporting
Under the authority of the Deputy Director “International Standards and Science” and the direct supervision of the Head of the World Animal Health Information and Analysis Department (WAHIAD) and her/his Deputy.
The Administrative Assistant –Trilingual supports in the 3 official languages of the OIE the daily administrative running of the Department/Unit, liaising with the rest of the Organisation and external parties to guarantee the smooth coordination of activities. He/she contributes to the coordination of the information flow within the team and provides guidance on administrative processes. The Administrative Assistant-Trilingual is also in charge of providing logistical support to the organisation and coordination of meetings and/or events managed by the Department.
Missions and activities
Provide general administrative support to the activities of the WAHIAD team:
- Provide guidance to the team regarding administrative processes and support internal communication within the team;
- Support the planning and follow-up of the activities of the team and provide updated dashboards as required;
- Participate in the review and improvement of processes within the team;
- Provide administrative support to technical activities within the team, as required;
- Provide and update information contents for the team, including the contacts database and submissions to OIE webpages as needed, this latter in the 3 OIE official languages;
- Manage filing, scanning and archiving of administrative and technical documents and update registers regularly;
- Draft, format, proofread, prioritise and archive, incoming and outgoing correspondence and take and orient phone calls;
- Manage the stationary supplies and stock for the team.
Assist in the logistical management of events and projects
- Follow-up and update the schedule of events for the Department;
- Liaise with the relevant parties including staff at Headquarters and in the regions, Delegates, experts etc.;
- Coordinate the logistic organisation of Global or Regional workshop trainings, ad hoc Groups, Working Groups, Specialist Commissions, or other events as assigned, including coordination of invitations, documents and their translation, room-booking and equipment preparation;
- Manage catering service providers from ordering to delivery and invoicing;
- Participate in the collection and drafting of meeting outcome reports.
Provide support to the preparation of technical documents
- Proofread and edit working documents, letters, and reports;
- Format, prepare and circulate meeting or mission reports;
- Format presentations, working documents and background papers;
- Oversee and/or participate to the translation of letters, reports and other relevant documents in the 3 OIE languages and ensure quality control of external translations
- Trilingual management of technical documents (formatting, editing, translation, posting on the website, issuance of emails to the distribution list) in the 3 official languages of the OIE.
- Trilingual backup for the early warning team (verification of reports, language correction, entry, translation, and sending alerts in the 3 languages).
Expériences / Formation
Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate degree OR degree in administrative support or in humanities
- At least 2 years of professional experience of administrative assistance with international exposure
- Strong computer skills in a Microsoft environment, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook, as well as a good knowledge of Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills
- Excellent command of English, both written and spoken
- Excellent command of two other OIE official languages (French and Spanish)
- Experience with web content management (standard CMS such as WordPress)
- Proficiency in database management
- Excellent communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Willingness and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Proven effective organisational skills and ability to handle work in an efficient and timely manner, defining priorities and meeting deadlines
- Capacity to work autonomously and to take ownership of tasks
The post is a full-time position based at the OIE Headquarters in Paris. It requires long hours in a seated position at a computer.
Salary: 2080 euros net / month + benefits (salary exempt of French income tax, annual bonus)
Duration: 24 months (renewable)
The OIE places high value on a multicultural and positive work environment. The OIE is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications of all qualified candidates, irrespective of their ethnic origin, gender, opinions or beliefs.
If you are interested in the position, please complete your application online by 2 November 2020 at the latest by clicking on the link below.