Nutrition International recruits 01 Senior Program Officer – Food Fortification
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Location: Dakar, Senegal
- Deadline for submission: November 13, 2020
At Nutrition International, we make a difference, because nutrition is the difference.
Woven into the very fabric of our approach is the passion and drive of our global team of over 400 people, working in 13 offices across 11 countries with one common goal: transforming the lives of people who need it most through improved nutrition.
If you are a motivated and passionate individual who shares our conviction that a better world is possible through improved nutrition, wants to leave the world a little better than they found it, and is looking to be part of a global team with a clear vision, we want to hear from you. Please consider applying for the position below.
Know our team
Nutrition International’s Program Operations Unit is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of Nutrition International’s core program interventions including program development, design, planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting, and grant management, including setting annual operational planning, budgeting and review processes. The unit comprises a global team of professionals located in our 10 core countries across Asia, Africa and our headquarters in Ottawa, Canada. Currently, Nutrition International is seeking applications for Food Fortification – Senior Program Officer to be based in Dakar, Senegal. In line with NI’s strategic objectives in Africa, the Food Fortification Senior Program Officer within the Program Operation unit will contribute to improved nutrition in Sahel by supporting Sahel effective, integrated and sustainable fortification (including salt iodization) interventions.
You will have a master’s degree in nutrition, food sciences, or public health. At least 10 years experience in nutrition, food technology and /or related field in Sahel or Sub Saharan Africa. At least 5 years of experience working in supervising Child Health programs and in donor-funded program/project implementation/supervision and monitoring and evaluation. Strong network in Senegal government and understanding of food fortification industry in Senegal and Sahel region. Knowledgeable on results-based management, performance measurement frameworks and fundamentals of program monitoring and donor reporting. Superior communication and staff management skills. Good written and spoken English. Fluency in French.
About the role
In this role you will be:
- Leading on activities that strengthen public/private sector management for food control/quality assurance (QA) including inspections, sampling, laboratory capabilities and enforcement/sanctions; and ensuring financial sustainability for the regulators to enable food fortification enforcement and monitoring activities.
- Developing quality monthly, quarterly and annual performance monitoring (both technical and financial) reports for fortification projects and ensure challenges are identified and recommended corrective actions are timely implemented.
- Building and maintaining good collaborative relations with government partners, UN agencies, and NGOs, as appropriate to promote information sharing and effective coordination of effort to improve and sustain effective and efficient programs.
- Managing the subsidy program for the provision of premix to the wheat flour, edible oil, salt and rice industries on an optimal subsidized sliding scale to ensure sustainability.
- Supporting the RO and HQ communications team to develop and lead public advocacy campaigns to increase public awareness, demand and acceptance of fortified foods, with emphasis on the poor, women of childbearing age and parents of children; and decision-makers and influential actors to make food fortification an issue of national importance.
- Supporting the Country Director to ensure that the landscape analysis for fortification interventions are regularly updated and available for the designing of project plans and proposals.
- Participating in the design of research and evaluation activities for fortification projects and work closely with researchers and external evaluators to ensure research and evaluations exercises are feasible and respond to NI project and government needs.
What we offer
A competitive market pay, health benefits and pension plan, flexible work hours, work from home, four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays) and support for learning and development opportunities. We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment.
Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks.
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and CV by November 13, 2020. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those chosen to participate in the interview process will be contacted.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter apply.workable.com.