Nuffic: Capacity Development Programme in Lebanon
Deadline: 29 August 2018
Nuffic is seeking applications for its Capacity Development Programme in Lebanon which is contribute to the improvement of future perspectives of host communities and refugees in Lebanon. It aims to strengthen the impact of existing Dutch financial interventions for stabilisation in Lebanon.
The program have two major development objectives:
- Strengthening the capacities of relevant Lebanese organisations and institutions that have come under pressure due to the influx of refugees from Syria and are involved with the implementation of the Lebanon Crisis Response Plan (LCRP);
- Building the capacities of Lebanese civil society and community-based organisations in their work on behalf of displaced Syrians and other vulnerable beneficiaries.
Priority Areas and Instruments
Funds are made available for institutional cooperation projects in:
- primary and secondary education (language barriers, cultural sensitivity and teacher-parent contact, dealing with trauma);
- agricultural TVET (teacher and management capacity).
The maximum budget available for this Call is EUR 1,000,000. A maximum three applications will be granted a subsidy. Therefore, the minimum subsidy granted per project is EUR 350,000 and the maximum subsidy granted is EUR 500,000.
- Eligibility for grants extends to Dutch institutions for secondary or higher vocational or academic education.
- Other types of organisations that provide educational training courses and that contribute to the strengthening of the priority areas and sub-themes mentioned under ‘priority areas’ on behalf of a consortium are included.
- The consortium must include at least one Lebanese beneficiary organisation offering post-secondary education and training, such as education and training institutions, GOs, NGOs, SME’s.
The programme is open to a broad range of organisations. They target people within these organisations who have the ability and the position to implement the gained knowledge. They are able to train their colleagues and elevate the capacity of the organisation to a higher level. Eligible participants work in:
- the primary and secondary education sector in Lebanon as well as the Agricultural Technical Vocational Education and Training sector;
- relevant Lebanese organisations and institutions that are involved in the implementation of the Lebanon Crisis Response Plan (LCRP);
- Lebanese civil society and community-based organisations in their work on behalf of displaced Syrians and other vulnerable beneficiaries.
How to Apply
The application should be submitted at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Capacity Development Programme.