NRC recruits 01 Regional Logistics Manager
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
The Central and West Africa Regional Office (CWARO) located in Dakar, Senegal, supports and provides oversight to NRC’s country programmes in Burkina Faso, Cameroon, the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Mali, Niger, and Nigeria. NRC’s programmes and advocacy support families affected by conflict in the shelter, food security and livelihoods, education, water and sanitation, camp management, and legal assistance sectors. NRC has over 1,300 employees working on the NRC regional response.
The Regional Logistic Adviser role is to strengthen Logistics services across the region by working closely with the Country Office (CO) Logistics Managers and Heads of Support, providing amongst others, technical advice as needed, audit and control services to the COs, assist HR in the recruitment of CO Logistics Managers, and spearhead exchange of experiences in the region.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedure
- Standardize, as far as practical, processes and procedures across the region.
- Consolidate systemic gaps and improvement needs and drive organizational change within logistics.
- Develop relevant logistics training for staff, as requested.
- Ensure guidance, support and capacity building to Logistic staff and line managers in Country Offices in the region
- Coach newly recruited Logistics Managers.
- Provide technical support and advise on NRC logistics policies.
- Provide audit and control checks to the COs to ensure compliance to the logistics handbook, pre-agreed through travel visits to the country offices.
- Develop regional procurement capacities; investigate regional markets and regional procurement options.
- Through coordination with the Country Logistics Manager, develop and deliver training and capacity building programs for the country offices based on the identified priority areas.
- Facilitate and promote the sharing of best practices and positive deviance behaviors identified in successful country operations with country operations that need support, with the objective of increasing capacity and supply chain efficiency.
- Work with the CO HR and the Regional HR, and coordinate to help map and identify human resource gaps and minimum support standards in Logistics across the region.
- Responsible for the management of all logistics activities of the Senegal Regional office
- Train regional staff on all logistics related systems and procedures
- Develop and review logistics Regional SOPs and specifics SOPs for the Dakar office
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior Logistics Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context, preferably in a regional setting.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Fluency in English and French, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the respective contexts desirable
- Handling insecure environments
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with change
Application deadline: 11 Aug 2020
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter 23109900.webcruiter.no.