NRC has been present in CAR since 2014 and employs 19 international staff and approximately 200 national staff. We cover a large geographic area with activities spread across strategic districts throughout the territory such as Mambere Kadei, Sangha Mbayere and Nana Mambere in the West, Nana Gribizi, Kemo, and Ouaka in the Centre, Basse-Kotto in the southeast, and Lobaye and Ombella Mpoko in the SouthWest. NRC operates from three field offices in Berberati, Kaga Bandoro, and Alindao, and a country office in Bangui, the capital city.
The Head of Support(HoS) is a member of the Country Management Group (CMG) and responsible for the line management for support managers such as Finance, HR & Admin and Logistics (incl. ICT). In addition, you will be responsible for the strategic development of country structures, technical systems, human resource capacity and allocation.
The Head of Support ensures that all support functions are providing high quality and efficient support to programme implementation.
We are seeking for a dedicated HoS to further develop and strengthen our team in CAR –
- Role and responsibilities
- Ensure the development, implementation and maintenance of compliance measures in the support department
- Provide technical support to all areas in HR, Finance logistic and ICT domain where it’s needed.
- Lead the country office’s efforts to ensure cost effective delivery of all support functions, identifying opportunities for cost savings and new and effective ways of working adapted to the changing operational landscape.
- Guide and support the NRC CAR’s approach to capacity building and training for the national workforce in order to support the country office’s nationalization efforts.
- Ensure support departments adhere to improved data management systems and ensure information is shared, accessible and used for decision making across support functions and programmes.
- Development and implementation of in-country policies, and strategies related to financial management, risk management, budgeting and funds management
- Technical development and continuous adaptation of NRC’s financial and logistics management systems, procedures and tools through innovation, in close cooperation with other departments, donors, NGO partners, and Regional Office.
- Ensure smooth communication between Bangui and field teams
- Participate in support related meetings with other INGOs and/or UN agencies
- Increase the efficiency of communication between support services in Area Offices and Country Office
- Reinforce anti-corruption controls and lead investigations when needed
- Ensure compliance with local legislation and provide support regarding all legal issues
- Serve as acting Country Director when requested
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Budgets: Area Managers, Head of Programme, Regional and Global Finance
- Strategy: CC PDM/Specialists
- Policies and SOPs: HO in Oslo and region
- Programmatic operations support: Area Managers
- Minimum 4 years’ experience from a senior management position at a national level in a humanitarian/ recovery context in a similar position
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Allocation of resources and costs expertise
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English&French, both written and verbal
- Experience in central Africa is a plus
- Demonstrable experience in Logistics, ICT, Finance and HR is essential
- Strong background in logistics is desired
- Find more details JD Head of Support, CAR
What We Offer
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility: At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative
- 12 months fixed term contract with possibility of extension
- Management Grade 11 in NRC’s grade structure
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields
Internal candidates are encouraged to apply but we are also open to external applicants who can show a commitment to NRC and being part of a challenging, but important mission to make a difference.
To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site
**Apply by completing all the system required fields of your experience in your application**