NRC recruits 01 Head of Program re-advertised – Norwegian Refugee Council – Mali,
NRC has operated in Mali since 2013. From our four field offices in Mali, Gao, Timbuktu, Mopti, and Kidal, and through our programs (Education, Wash & Shelter, Food security, Legal assistance, and also a dedicated emergency response mechanism), NRC strives to meet the basic needs of millions of people affected by violence and displacement. In order to do this, we are completely dependent on employing dedicated and skilled staff.
This is why we are truly excited to announce an opportunity for an enthusiastic Head of Program to join our dynamic team. This strategic position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career in developing High-quality Country Program implementation and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
Member of the Country Management Group (CMG) you will directly supervise country Core competencies specialists, the Grant Manager, and M&E Manager.
You will work closely with the Head of support, and Areas Managers, to develop the country’s strategy and action plan and helping the team to achieve the agreed objectives.
You will report to the Country Director.
Expériences / Formation
- Minimum 5 years experience from a senior management position in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Experience in relief and early recovery/development
- Core competency expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in French and English, both written and verbal
- Strong writing skills
- Good knowledge of the context in Mali and Sahel in general
- Proposal development and donor compliance experience
- Monitoring and evaluation experience including basic survey design and analysis
- Representation and coordination experience
- Experience in putting in place new systems and policies
- Budget development and management experience
- Strategic thinking
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Initiating action and change
- Influencing and strong communication skills
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- A good sense of humor is an asset
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive, and accountable
- Commencement: ASAP
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Level: Grade 11 in NRC grade structure
- Duty station: Bamako, with 20% travels to the field.
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location