NRC recruits 01 Education Programme Development Manager Re-Advertisement – Cameroun
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
NRC has been implementing its education programme in Cameroon since January 2018 and focuses on EiE, Support to formal basic education and alternative education for vulnerable displaced populations and host communities in the country. The education programme and strategic areas in Cameroon are expanding rapidly with NRC global PSS approach – The Better Learning Programme (BLP) – and the newly released Accelerated Education Programme being piloted for the first time in Cameroon in 2020.
The purpose of the Programme Development Manager is to be responsible for the design, development and implementation of the Education programme in Cameroon
Duties and responsibilities
Develop Education strategies, technical SOPs/guidelines and Macro log frames;
Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, education tools, handbooks and guidelines;
Responsible for development and managing funding proposals, project budgets and donor reports
Overall management of the education project staff and responsible for staff Recruitment;
Coordinate and manage education project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements ;
Develop and manage project budget and coordinate across CCs for integrated programming;
Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills;
Liaison and coordination with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums and working groups;
Develop partnerships in the humanitarian community and coordinate with relevant authorities to design solutions to identified problems;
Promote the rights of refugees, IDPs and returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
Develop and revise, as needed, the NRC Education Core Competency (CC) Strategy, technical guidance and Macro Log Frame;
Contribute to the development of Country and Area strategies;
Under the direction of the Head of Programme, lead to identifying and pursuing new funding and partnership opportunities for the Education programme;
Initiate and participate in the development of relevant Education projects in line with the agreed strategies with a specific focus on displacement and hard to reach areas;
Responsible for CC needs assessments including specific inputs and participation in multi-sectoral needs assessments, and planning and implementation of response to new emergencies;
Provide management, development of systems and tools and coordination of both Far North, North West and South West Education programmes to ensure synergies and best practice;
Lead the roll-out of the Better Learning Programme (BLP) and the Accelerated Education Programme.
Ensure NRC Education programmes evolve to remain relevant to the changing context;
Ensure the implementation of NRC Project Cycle Management (PCM) procedures including the proper arrangement and follow up of Grants Opening Meetings, Grant Review Meetings as well as Grant Closure Meetings;
Contribute to national, regional and global Education tools, guidelines and policy and research studies.
In close coordination with the Advocacy team, articulate concerns, organize relevant evidence and develop key messages and materials;
Responsible for Education specific contextual analysis and leadership in program design and
Identify synergies and integration between Education and other NRC Cameroon programmes;
Develop capacity development strategies for education staff through formal and informal training, mentoring, and coaching and workshop facilitation;
Work closely with M&E to strengthen existing M&E systems based on NRC tools, ensuring the quality of services provided and using evidence to inform programme design and management.
Expériences / Formation
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context ;
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Technical education expertise, including Education in Emergencies and Accelerated Program in Education
Background in PSS and/or child protection ;
- Experience in delivering ToT ;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities ;
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile;
- Have the ability to adapt to the changing and / or dynamic and stressful context ;
- Fluency in French and English, both written and verbal.
- Experience working in Africa, especially in the regions affected by crises;
- Experience in EiE, alternative, formal education and PSS programmes is an advantage ;
- Experience in team management and in using M&E tools ;
- Experience in developing proposals and budgets.
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Making decisions by analyzing relevant information, developing appropriate solutions, providing reasons for decisions and taking action
We can offer
Please note that this is a re-advertisement. All candidates who previously applied are requested not to re-apply
Fix term contract of 9 months subject to funding
Duty Station: Maroua with 30 % of Travel to Kousseri, Buea, Bamenda and Yaoundé
Salary: Grade 9 of NRC Salary Grid
For more information, please click on the link Job Description