Nominations Open for the Volvo Environment Prize 2019!
Deadline: 10 January 2019
Nominations are open for the Volvo Environment Prize 2019 that is awarded for: “Outstanding innovations or scientific discoveries, which in broad terms fall within the environmental field.”
The Volvo Environment Prize is awarded by an independent foundation. A Scientific Committee does the initial screening and evaluation of candidates. The International Prize Jury, a group of internationally renowned scientists, makes the final selection of prize laureate.
There are many outstanding biologists and environmental scientists among the laureates but the scope of the award is wide. The idea is to promote scientific research and innovations that in broad terms fall within the environmental and sustainability field.
Since the first award in 1990 the Volvo Environment Prize has become one of the scientific world’s most respected environmental prizes.
The Prize consists of a hand-crafted diploma, a glass sculpture and a cash award for SEK 1.5 million (approximately EUR 165,000 or USD 215,000). The award ceremony is in Stockholm in November each year.
- The span of disciplines and activities for which nominations can be made is wide and includes all disciplines which have relevance to the environment. The research of nominees should be based on scientific grounds but must clearly show impacts outside of the specific discipline.
- There is a strong emphasis on scientific achievements, so be sure that all of these are included. Please remember that no self-nominations are accepted.
How to Apply
Applicants must fill the online nomination form via given website and must include the following:
- A short letter of motivation
- A detailed description of the research the nominee has conducted and how it adds to our knowledge around environmental science. Main achievements and their importance should be emphasized.
- Emphasis must also be placed on the impacts of the research outside of the particular discipline, e.g. impacts on policy development, impacts on sustainability and/or contribution to changed behaviour.
- CV of the nominee + list of published paper/s and links if available.
- Letter/s of reference. Maximum 3 letters written by someone other than the nominator.
- Nominations should be submitted in English.
For more information, please visit Volvo Environmental Prize 2018.