Nominations Open for Skål International Sustainable Awards!
Deadline: 30 June 2018
Skål International is an Affiliated Member of the UNWTO, seeking nominations for Sustainable Awards to promote the development of responsible, sustainable and universally accessible tourism.
Following the United Nations declaration of 2002 as the Year of Ecotourism and the Mountains, Skål International launched these Awards in the same year, to highlight and acknowledge best practices around the globe. As an international organisation of tourism industry leaders, Skål International is a powerful force in the travel and tourism industry to initiate change and encourage the conservation of the environment in order to promote tourism and travel.
- Community and Government Projects
- Countryside and Biodiversity
- Educational Institutions/Programmes and Media
- Major Tourist Attractions
- Marine and Coastal
- Rural Accommodation
- Tour Operators & Travel Agents
- Tourism Transport
- Urban Accommodation
- To enhance visibility and get recognition of your outstanding performance in terms of sustainable and responsible tourism.
- To increase your contacts and introduce your products and services to professionals from the tourism industry from all over the world.
- To obtain media coverage among the entire Skål membership worldwide and our international press contacts.
- To personally collect the award during the Opening Ceremony of the 79th Skål World Congress in October in Kenya, an excellent opportunity to network with tourism professionals from all over the world and attend the B2B workshop.
- To experience the membership of Skål at first hand.
- Any company from the public and private sector, NGOs and government agencies from all over the world linked to the tourism industry.
- All sustainable operations and activities must be implemented by the company, NGO or agency applying for the award. Projects that are yet not in operation are not eligible.
The judging panel will evaluate each project according to leadership criteria in Sustainability that encompass tangible, measureable benefits to the environment, enhance business, and the society and communities in which they operate. The criteria are:
- Nature preservation
- Animal welfare and preservation (if applicable)
- Carbon offsetting and climate change mitigation
- Energy & water saving, renewable energy, waste management
- Culture preservation
- Local community involvement
- Human rights protection
- Health and safety for employees and guests
- Local employment
- Employee participation and training
- Economic viability
- Marketing and brand enhancement
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.