Nominations Open for EMY Africa Awards 2018!
Deadline: 2 July 2018
Nominations are open for Exclusive Men Of The Year (EMY) Africa Awards to celebrate men and fathers of steel and zeal, whose passion and dedication has rolled out major landmarks in the development and progress of families, societies and the nation at large; Dignitaries, Businessmen, entertainers, sportsmen, social workers, journalists, administrators, philanthropists, mentors, and so on.
The Faculty of the Exclusive Men Of The Year Awards – EMY Africa Awards is a technical team of eminent members, strategically drawn from diverse corporate and social backgrounds to oversee the collection, collation and aggregation of nominations from across the country for this competitive awards.
- Competitive Award Categories
- The Pav Ansah Communicator Award: This award goes to a communication professional who is an opinion leader with the most persuasive outreach; a creative personality with the most innovative imagery; an inspirator with the most influence.
- The Entertainer Of The Year Award: This award goes to the most prolific or consistent personality in the entertainment industry; the most acclaimed personality in the entertainment industry; the most creative Ghanacentric personality in the entertainment industry; the personality in the entertainment industry with the prospects of International acclaim.
- The Sportsman Of The Year: The most prolific or consistent sports personality; the most acclaimed sports personality/administrator; the hardest working sports personality/administrator; sports personality/administrator with the prospects of international acclaim who is a visible team player.
- The Best Groomed Man Award (Man Of The Year – Style): The award for the best groomed man goes to; the most outstanding man of panache; the man with the most charisma and dignity; a fashion icon who is well mannered.
- Fashion Designer Of The Year: The award for the fashion designer goes to the most outstanding male designer.
- The Discovery Of The Year Award: The discovery of the year award goes to a young male emerging in his chosen industry.
- Honorary Award Categories: The Honorary Awards are a noncompeting category that cater for older citizens and statesmen who have contributed their quota to change and the progress of humankind and continue to be symbols of stability and role models for the nation.
- Ultimate Man Of The Year (Ghana/ Africa) – The Supremo Flagship Awards-Two awards (Ghana division & African division): The flagship award goes to; someone who is most impactful on social flux and parenting; an astute planner; a change exponent and manager; a celebrated care giver; great innovator; mentor and total symbol of greatness who is also a pillar of community.
- Ultimate Woman Of The Year – The Yaa Asantewaa Award: The Yaa Asantewaa award is the sole complimentary gender award entered at the highest point of this competition and goes to; a woman of virtue; trail blazer with strong visibility and personal brand presence, with evidence of impact on society and the nation at large.
- Life Time Achievement Award: The life time achievement award goes to an internationally acclaimed veteran who has shown service to mankind.
- The Leadership Award: The leadership award goes to the living architects and forerunners of movements, groups, private/ public office for a successful tenure of office.
- The Diasporan Award: The diaspora award goes to someone who has an impactful contribution in any area of endeavour in the diaspora, who is also involved in development, investment, etc. in Ghana. He must also have ethical business/professional engagements.
- Citizen Ghana Award: This goes to the most unlikely Ghanaian who at daily peril continues to maintain covert surveillance and has become a solid gatekeeper over the no go areas of the country.
- The Osagyefo Pan African Peace Award: The award goes to the man of Peace whose personal position, demeanour and intervention in matters of conflict and friction has brought resolution to flash point tensions and internal discord and threat to national peace, cohesion and stability.
- The Icon/ Legend Of Entertainment Award: This award goes to a legendary musician, actor, dramatist who has blessed the country with his beautiful talent, mentored many young talents.
- Media Excellence Award: This goes to media owners or practitioners who has built formidable media and communications enclaves far outstripping existing media in innovative programming and commendable expansions.
- The Young Achiever Award– Ghana And Africa (Rising Star Award)-Two awards (Ghana division & African division): This goes to a young man under the age of 40 years who has excelled and showed evidence of impactful contribution in any area of endeavour, he should also be someone who has demonstrated strong leadership skills.
- The Mens Group/ Club Award: This award will be presented to an outstanding men organization of integrity, that by proof of their participation and contribution have made an impact on society.
- Continental Legends/ Icons: This award goes to legends across diverse fields whose impact and works have been seen and felt across the continent of Africa. business men, entertainers, sportsmen, diplomats, etc.
- The Settler Award: The award for the settler of the year goes to a socio-economically active resident non-Ghanaian/ 2nd/3rd generation Ghanaian who has shown an impactful contribution in area of endeavour, especially his involvement in development, investment, etc.
- Humanitarian Of The Year (Philanthropy Award): The award for the humanitarian of the year goes to a personality who has demonstrated love for humanity, a care giver and contributor to communal or personal development, there has to be evidence of humanitarian work to improve on quality of life.
- The Guardian Award (Mentorship Award): The award for the guardian of the year goes to a thought leader/role model/inspirational leader who is provider of social protection and security, he should show an ability to nurture mentees and protégés
- The Green Fingers Award (Agriculture Award): The green fingers award goes to an agro-based entrepreneur with adequate evidence of notable contribution to agriculture. He should also have an impact on society either through employment acreage and contribution to food security.
- Man Of The Year – Technology: The award goes to someone of technological savvy and certifiable acclaim.
- Man Of The Year – Health: The award goes to a health practitioner or entrepreneur with adequate evidence of notable contribution in the area of health; that impacts on society either through employment acreage and contribution to health.
- The Man Of Year – Oil & Gas: A professional in the oil & gas industry or entrepreneur with adequate evidence of notable contribution in the area of oil & gas.
- The Corporate Man Award: The award for the corporate of the year goes to CEO/COO/CFO etc; creativity/innovation/visibility; brand identity in his industry; CSR/CRM; top-line/bottom line growth.
- Man Of The Year – Governance/The Governor Award: The award of the governor of the year goes to the man adjudged; a foremost leader or ruler with the most endorsement; a legislator with the most defining social intervention; facilitator of the most interactive communal plan; an organizer with outstanding people.
- The Magnate Award – Businessman Of The Year: The award for the businessman of the year goes to; founder, owner, or majority shareholder of a business; creativity/innovation/visibility; brand identity in his industry; CSR/CRM; top-line/bottom line growth etc.
- The Man Of Courage Award: This award goes to a physically impaired man in society who has defied all odds and made a positive impact in society.
- Special Recognition Awards: Under the year of review, a man can be recognized for something extraordinary they did for the benefit and growth of society.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit EMY Africa Awards 2018.