Nominations Open for Australian LGBTI Awards!
Deadline: 30 September 2018
Nominations are open for Australian LGBTI Awards which is designed to showcase individuals and organisations that have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to the LGBTI community.
- Public Awards
- ALLY sponsored by Carsales: This award recognises and thanks those outside the LGBTI community who are active voices in the fight for equality and inclusion.
- Artist: LGBTI Artist or Ally, who have used their art through writing, performing, display or otherwise, to contribute to LGBTI visibility. (this excludes actors and musicians)
- Brand: This category celebrates brands that have successfully promoted inclusivity and support for the LGBTI community.
- Community Initiatives/ Charity: This category is for a charity or community initiative that has changed or continues to change the lives of LGBTI people.
- Destination: This category celebrates destinations that promote the LGBTI+ community & where LGBTI people feel safe
- Faith: They are looking for an organisation or person, who have taken a stance against religious constitutional pressure by supporting and embracing LGBTI members.
- Family Member: Parents, Siblings, Grand Parents or other close family members, who have been strong supporters of the LGBTI idendified child, against family pressure, religious boundaries and social status.
- Film, TV & Webseries: This category recognises moments in the media that were significant to the LGBTI community, whether that was representation in mainstream stage, film, tv or radio or exclusive LGBTI content that was broadcast in some form.
- Hero sponsored by Amazon: This category is to recognise members of the LGBTI+ community who have never stopped fighting for equality & inclusivity for the community.
- Health: They are looking for an Organisation , person or initiative, who have significantly improved LGBTI health outcomes through specific services offered.
- International Icon: This category recognises LGBTI celebrities and their Allies, who have come out in the face of adversity and support the LGBTI community in a positive way.
- LGBTI Celebrity sponsored by Rimmel London: This category recognises LGBTI celebrities who have come out in the face of adversity and support the LGBTI community in a positive way.
- Marketing Campaign sponsored by ive Group: This category celebrates brands that have successfully created a marketing campaign targeting the LGBTI community.
- Media Professional: This category recognises the presenters and broadcasters who deliver important LGBTI news and content to the community and make voices heard.
- Music Artist sponsored by The Star Event Centre: This category is for LGBTI musicians and musicians who have been strong supporters of the LGBTI community.
- Organisation sponsored by BIG W: This category celebrates brands that have successfully promoted inclusivity and support for the LGBTI community.
- Politician: This category is to celebrate the politicians that fight for LGBTI rights & equality.
- Sports Personality sponsored by Holden: This category is for the sport idols who are either breaking barriers as LGBTI athletes or athletes that actively support & promote the LGBTI community.
- Corporate Awards
- Corporate ALLY: This award recognises and thanks those outside the LGBTI community, who are active voices in the fight for equality and inclusion within the corporate world.
- Diversity Champion sponsored by DoW: They are looking for a LGBTI+ individual, who has initiated positive change within their company throughout all areas of diversity and particularly LGBTI initiatives.
- Inspirational Role Model sponsored by Bloomberg: They are looking for LGBTI+ business leaders who have been inspirational to others and have proven to be a positive role model in their organisation and beyond.
- LGBTI Employee Network: They are looking for new and established LGBTI network groups, that can demonstrate that they are active, innovative and supportive of their LGBTI staff, and can show a proven track record for implementing inclusions.
- Lifetime Achievement sponsored by Vodafone: Rather than subject to the public vote, this award will be chosen by their panel of judges and is given to an individual who has demonstrated an outstanding commitment to the promotion of LGBTI equality.
- Entries for the Australian LGBTI Awards (the “Awards”) are open to those who are part of, work with, or support the LGBT+ community.
- Employees or agencies of the Australian LGBTI Awards, its umbrella company (“Twin Media Group”) or their family members, may not enter the Awards.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Australian LGBTI Awards.