Nominations Open for 2019 WWSF Prize for Women’s Creativity in Rural Life!
Deadline: 30 April 2019
The Women’s World Summit Foundation (WWSF) is currently inviting applicants for its 26th annual Prize for women’s creativity in rural life in order to honor and award creative and courageous women and women’s groups around the world working to improve the quality of life and empower rural communities.
The Prize aims to draw international attention to laureates’ contributions to sustainable development, food security and peace, thus generating recognition and support for their initiatives and projects.
The foundation will cash award of US$ 1000 per laureate.
- Exceptional courage and perseverance in improving rural life
- Creativity in the approach
- Preservation of and respect for the environment (if the candidate is involved with the environment)
- Continuing impact in the community
- Participation in the WWSF 17 Days of Activism Campaign – 1-17 October with 17 themes is encouraged
- Underline how the work of the candidate promotes the UN Sustainable Development Agenda 2030
- Nominees should be women and women’s groups currently active in rural life whose efforts have not yet been acknowledged by other awards. They may not nominate themselves.
- The nominating organization or individual must have direct experience of the nominee’s work.
- The nominator may not nominate a family member, be a member of the nominated organization, nor can an organization nominate its senior officer (i.e. founder, president etc.).
- No more than 3 candidates may be presented by the same person/organization in the same year.
- The nominator commits, if possible, to organize an award ceremony if the candidate is selected for the Prize and invites the local and/or national media.
- Nominations must include the following items:
- Original signed letter of nomination indicating how the nominator knows the nominee and for how long.
- Biographical data on the nominee (full name, age, education, place of work, background) and a detailed history of the nominee’s creative project (written by the nominator) including her motivation, innovative aspects, any obstacles overcome, and the impact in the community. Nominations must specify whether the nominee has received or is currently being nominated for other awards.
- At least two original and signed endorsement letters from organizations or individuals other than the nominator and, if possible, additional supporting materials such as newspaper articles or publications.
- A few labeled photographs clearly showing the nominee(s) for possible publication.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the nomination form via given website.
For more information, please visit 2019 WWSF Prize.