Nominations Open for 2018 Africa Awards for Entrepreneurship!
Deadline: 7 July 2018
Nominations are open for The Africa Awards for Entrepreneurship (AAE) to recognize some of the continent’s most innovative and impactful entrepreneurs. Over the past 9 years, AAE has attracted over 7000 applications from industries and sectors ranging from education, health, transport, energy among others.
After undergoing a rigorous nomination and selection process, 12 finalists (3 per category) will be invited to attend the African Leadership Network (ALN) Annual Gathering which will be hosted in Mauritius in November this year, where one winner per category will be announced. The Africa Awards for Entrepreneurship are an initiative of the African Leadership Network.
- Women Bell Award
- Best Mature Business: legacy companies with significant revenue base and continental footprint
- Youth Entrepreneur of the Year: entrepreneurs under the age of 35
- Social Entrepreneur of the Year: social impact-oriented enterprises
- Only African companies are eligible for these awards. Applicant will be required to provide proof that your core operations are on the continent.
- They look for a track record of innovation, profitability, business excellence and social impact
- Businesses from any sector are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants interested in the Outstanding Young Entrepreneur category must be 35 years old or below.
- Applications must be filed by a single company representative.
- Leadership, culture and values: This majorly points out to how applicant’s organisation invests in its employees as well as the values ethics that drive it.
- Innovation: They look for companies that are providing creative and leading edge solutions that add real value to the lives of customers
- Profitability: Applicant’s business should be commercially sustainable and demonstrate a robust financial position
- Long term Business Strategy: Applicant’s business should demonstrate a sound and coherent strategy for future growth and continued value addition
- Social & Economic impact on communities: Applicant’s business should be adding value to their communities. They are looking for companies that have a demonstrable commitment to using business for social impact
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit Africa Awards for Entrepreneurship.