NOFO: Countering Stigma and Prejudice Against the Transgender Community (India)
The U.S. Mission to India is seeking applications for its Countering Stigma and Prejudice Against the Transgender Community.
This funding opportunity seeks to counter stigma and prejudice against the transgender community by organizing workshops and other engagements for employees and leadership of corporations in Hyderabad and Chennai, leading to the creation of safe and inclusive workplaces for members of the transgender community.
- In the immediate term, this exercise should lead to the setting up of Pride/Rainbow groups within corporations that actively create awareness about TG persons and their rights.
- In the medium term, a concrete objective will be to have the participating corporations make changes to current policies, demonstrate the activities they have executed to foster a more inclusive work environment, and develop active transgender employee recruitment plans.
- This should be done by organizing workshops and information sessions for employees (at all levels within the organization), human resources professionals, and leadership of 15-25 different business corporations (with 500 employees or more) in Hyderabad and Chennai over a period of one year, focused on creating awareness about and countering stigma and prejudice against transgender persons.
- The goal of this project is for corporate and business leaders in Hyderabad and Chennai to better understand the transgender community so they can adopt policies and carry out activities that foster a work environment that is safe, nurturing, accepting, and inclusive for the members of community who join their workforce.
- The longer-term intention is that these corporations and businesses increase their hiring of members of the transgender community and help their employees and the general public be more accepting.
- Funding Mechanism Type: Grant
- Estimated Total Project Funding: USD 50,000
- Estimated Award Ceiling (Maximum): USD 50,000
- Estimated Award Floor (Minimum): USD 40,000
- Length of Project Period: 12 months
- Anticipated program start date: March 15, 2023
Project Audience(s): The primary audience for this project are employees (at all levels within the organization), human resources professionals, and the leadership of corporations in Hyderabad and Chennai.
- The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Civil society/non-governmental organizations
- Think tanks
- Public and private educational institutions
- Public International Organizations and Governmental institutions
- Organizations may sub-contract with other entities, but only one, non-profit, non-governmental entity can be the prime recipient of the award. When sub-contracting with other entities, the responsibilities of each entity must be clearly defined in the proposal.
For more information, visit Grants.gov.