|Niyel recruits 01 Advocacy Assistant|
|Description de l’offre|
NIYEL Dakar, Sénégal Hybride
Start Date: Immediately
Reports to: Director of Programs
Location: Dakar, Senegal
Founded in April 2008, we are an impact-driven make-the-world-better campaigns, advocacy and public affairs international firm. A diverse and dynamic team, we combine experience and a thorough knowledge of the local context with meticulous work that meets international standards. We conceptualize, strategize, plan, implement, monitor, and evaluate advocacy campaigns that seek change in policies, behaviors, and practices.
Niyel is currently looking for an Advocacy Assistant to support the implementation of highly effective strategies for a range of clients and work with other diverse and talented campaigners and communicators.
Advocacy, communication, and administrative support
• Manage and distribute information, through the development and maintenance of efficient systems, to ensure relevant information is easily accessible.
• Acts as the main contact person during the absence of Officers and team members, following up on any emergencies with appropriate in-house staff, and sharing the workload with Assistants from other teams
• Respond to requests and proactively provide information on all project developments, provide up-to-date, accurate campaign information to internal and external parties.
• Assists other team members in preparing and formatting documents, translation including PowerPoint presentations
• Enters pipeline information and project Information into the project management system and generate reports as required
• Responsible for ensuring the teams’ work plans, timelines and deliverables are updated in the project management system
• Develops and maintains an efficient filing system for the team, including assistance in processing calls for proposals as required
• Coordinates the translation, proofreading, and editing of documents as required
• Gather relevant information and produce campaign updates in collaboration with others
• Organizes regular team meetings and conference calls/video conferences, often over different time zones, including the preparation and distribution of documents and providing the necessary technical devices
• Takes minutes of regular team meetings and other meetings with the assistance of and coordination with the Senior Officer as required
• Assists the Senior Officer to provide content and updates on the relevant program for the website, and on a required basis, carries out specific web searches and downloads workshop documents/registration from host websites
• Works with other Assistants to coordinate work activities, meet deadlines, and provide support where needed
• Performs other related duties in accordance with instructions from team members.
• Coordinate campaign planning processes and implementation of various projects, in close collaboration with the relevant Senior Officer, in order to facilitate the planning and delivery of simultaneous projects.
• Organize events as needed (photoshoots, workshops, press conferences…)
• Support drafting of proposals and pitching to potential clients
• Research and analyze information relevant to ongoing projects
• Develop killer facts, FAQ, and other documents to inform campaign strategy development
• Draft communicable documents to inform campaign implementation and action
• Coordinate and produce updates and reports on projects as required by external parties
As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must believe in the core values of Niyel Innovation, Accountability, Ethics, Positive Work Environment, and be driven by the mission. The candidate should demonstrate a passion for breaking new ground to lead social change. Beyond that, we are seeking a candidate that has proven experience in research, advocacy, and campaigns across different issues, as well as different political and cultural contexts.
• University degree – bachelor level in social sciences or communication
• At least two or more years as a project/communication/program assistant
• Good event organizing and management skills
• Experience in providing administrative support
• Creativity, curiosity, and innovation in developing new strategies with a winning mindset
• Work well within a team and comfortable in very diverse environments
• A self-starter and a go-getter
• Fluency in English and French
• Holds an interest in Advocacy, Public Policy, Public Affairs, Communications, Public Relations, and Research
• Self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, and achieving impact
• Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative
• Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
• Remain focused in the face of pressure, deliver against timelines, not intimidated by tasks/time
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
• Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• Work well within a team and comfortable in social and culturally diverse environments
Why work at Niyel?
We welcome you to a team of dynamic advocates, political operatives, and mobilizers who are learners that do make mistakes but never stop trying. We believe in compassion, empathy and have an open and respectful culture. Providing a place where your views matter and you have space to make an impact. We offer competitive compensation, medical benefits, vacation, mental health days, hybrid remote working, fun company team building, and ongoing learning opportunities to grow your career.
Application deadline: January 31, 2022
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|
To apply, please fill out an application located on the contact page of the Niyel website (
www.niyel.net) and attach your CV and cover letter addressed to Tasha Mills, Director of People and Partnerships, or email to email@example.com.