NIFA: Agriculture and Food Research Initiative – Sustainable Agricultural Systems
Deadline: 10 October 2018
National Institute of Food and Agriculture is seeking applications for its Agriculture and Food Research Initiative – Sustainable Agricultural Systems, to support research, education, and extension work by awarding grants to solve key problems of local, regional, national, and global importance in sustaining conventional, organic, and urban agricultural systems.
For FY 2018, applications to the SAS RFA must focus on approaches that promote transformational changes in the U.S. food and agriculture system within the next 25 years. NIFA seeks creative and visionary applications that take a systems approach, and that will significantly improve the supply of abundant, affordable, safe, nutritious, and accessible food, while providing sustainable opportunities for expansion of the bio economy through novel animal, crop, and forest products and supporting technologies.
AFRI is NIFA’s flagship competitive grants programs for food and agricultural sciences, and funding is offered through the Foundational and Applied Science, Sustainable Agricultural Systems, and Education and Workforce Development Requests for Applications (RFA) for addressing critical societal issues.
- Award Ceiling: $10,000,000
- Applications may only be submitted by eligible entities
- Eligible applicants for single-function Research, Education or Extension Projects include:
- State Agricultural Experiment Station;
- Colleges and universities (including junior colleges offering associate degrees or higher)
- University research foundations;
- Other research institutions and organizations
- Federal agencies
- National laboratories
- Private organizations or corporations;
- Individuals who are U.S. citizens, nationals, or permanent residents; and
- Any group consisting of two or more entities
- Eligible institutions do not include foreign and international organizations
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: U.S