NGO recrute 01 Projects and Communications Manager INGO Forum – CCO CAR Bangui
Background – CAR INGO COORDINATION FORUM (CCO)
The CCO has over 50 international NGO organizations as members. It is funded by ECHO, BHA and the Swiss Cooperation as well as member contributions. The Forum aims to strengthen, in an independent manner, coordination between member INGOs, local and national authorities, the United Nations, donors, diplomatic representations and external partners. The CCO is registered as a national NGO with the Central African authorities. It facilitates the sharing of information, and expertise, the establishment of guidelines as well as compliance with fundamental principles. Its objective is to strengthen the coordinated and efficient use of humanitarian aid, recovery and development resources in response to the needs of the people of CAR.
The activities of the CCO are developed around 5 pillars:
- Information / Exchange Facilitation / Internal Coordination among its members
- External Coordination / Representation
- Communication / Humanitarian Access
- Training / Capacity Building for member organizations’ staff members
The CCO is structured as follows:
- Plenary Assembly comprised of all members
- Executive Committee (ComEx) – the Representation Body of all the CCO members comprised of 10 organizations elected from among the members of the CCO every 6 months
- Permanent Office
For more details on the organization of the association, the statutes, the charter and the services offered by the CCO to its members, see the website www.ccorca.org.
The CCO has decided in 2021 to have the expatriate personnel of the Permanent Office hosted by NRC. Although hosted by NRC and following NRC organizational procedures such as logistics, finance, and security, there will be a degree of separation and independence of the CCO Permanent Office to ensure the independent role as Coordination and Focal Point of all the INGO members.
What You Will be responsible for –
Under the supervision of the Forum Director, the Projects and Communication Manager is responsible for ensuring the implementation of CCO’s projects, which include, among others, the training program and the communication and sensitization program with the general aim of supporting humanitarian actions, development and/or protection of Human Rights with respect to general INGO activities in CAR. Activities include where appropriate and relevant communication or advocacy briefs in respective areas.
External communication with the objective of increasing understanding by Central African society of what NGOs are and what they do (visibility and acceptance):
- Maintain strategic partnerships with media partners to disseminate NGO messages
- Set up a space for dialogue between representatives of NGOs and the populations, in particular via interactive radio programs in various formats – magazines, press releases, round tables, sketches, etc.
- Collaborate with national radios and correspondents of international radios and program development to raise public awareness of the situation in the CAR but also of humanitarian principles, the mandate of INGOs, their activities, etc.
- Organize public events/thematic days, such as World Humanitarian Day (August 19) or NGO Day (December 13), exhibitions, screenings, conferences (press, debates), etc. on specific topics validated by the CCO members ensuring the participation of CCO members
- Design, produce and deploy printed media with key messages such as leaflets, brochures or banners
External communication efforts in support of advocacy actions:
- Propose advocacy themes in line with the priorities of the CCO
- Monitor media and documentaries on strategic topics for CCO members
- Develop, under the supervision of the CCO Coordinator, position papers, frameworks on subjects common to a majority of members, common messages on subjects determined by the plenary or the ComEx
- Develop reference documents on the various advocacy themes
- Mobilize representatives of INGO members for signature or active participation in the advocacy actions developed
Internal communication – information resources, documentation :
- Share and capitalize on information resources with members, in particular via the CCO website
- Define and participate in various updates and reorganizations of the CCO website
- Create and regularly update content on the CCO website
- Ensure, in collaboration with the Administrative Manager, regular archiving of data
- Manage internal CCO information
- Define and produce the monthly newsletter project together with the Communication
- Assistant mobilize members to participate in key INGO events facilitated by the CCO
Management of Training Programs:
- Define, develop and implement a training program pooling among CCO members
- Implement the PHR training program for humanitarian workers by focusing on the training of trainers, improve the skills and revitalization of the pool of trainers, and increase the involvement of Heads of Mission to include training sessions in the field areas
- Develop a HPA (Humanitarian Principles and Accountability) training/awareness program for an external audience (local authorities, military actors)
- Develop, in coordination with INGOs, a training program on the humanitarian system in CAR forINGO workers
- Develop and distribute PHR training/communication tools to members
What You Will Bring
- Minimum 5 years of INGO experience (such as Project Management, Grants Management, and Communication)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required, master’s degree is preferred (such as a Master’s in International Relations, Political Sciences, Development, or Communication Studies)
- Excellent written and verbal French and English language skills, including concise analytical writing
- Strong communication skills including the ability to communicate frequently and effectively in both verbal and written form. Demonstrated capacity in interpersonal exchanges and negotiation
- Good knowledge of the various types of humanitarian responses and development activities
- Knowledge of International Humanitarian Law
- Strong knowledge of the UN system, integrated missions, and humanitarian coordination mechanisms
- Experience in complex emergency crisis contexts
- Previous experience in CAR would be a strong asset
- Proven ability to conduct him/herself professionally under pressure and work under demanding operational conditions
Find more details JD Projects and Communications Manager CCO – Final.pdf
What we offer:
- Grade 8 in the NRC scale
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- 1year contract
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture which empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility.
To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site.
Kindly send any questions that you may have in relation to the application process to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications sent via email will not be accepted. Please check your application status on your NRC application profile