National Waste and Recycling Association: Seeking Applications for its Recycling Award
Deadline: 27 July 2018
National Waste and Recycling Association is seeking applications for its Recycling Awards honor the best in the recycling industry. The six trophies will be presented at the Executive Leadership Roundtable.
The mission is to provide leadership, advocacy, research, education and safety expertise to promote the waste and recycling industry. NWRA’s goal is to create a favorable business climate where members can prosper and provide safe, economically sustainable and environmentally responsible services and jobs that benefit communities throughout America.
The National Waste & Recycling Association (NWRA) is the voice in the nation’s capital for the private-sector waste and recycling industry that is essential to maintaining the quality of American life. The delivery of waste and recycling services impacts all residential, commercial and industrial properties on a daily basis.
- Sustainability Partnership Game Changer Award
- This award recognizes partnerships that include municipal and county governments, regulatory agencies, community organizations and private industry that have successfully partnered to implement game-changing initiatives, policies or programs that advance sustainability in their community.
- Examples include, but are not limited to, increased recycling participation, targeted recycling or reuse campaigns, innovative organics collection and management efforts, carbon emissions reductions, repurposing closed landfills, or the preservation of biodiversity.
- Applicants must demonstrate how partnership and collaboration with another entity, or the general public, resulted in a meaningful and quantifiable sustainability outcome or breakthrough.
- Best Recycling Public Education Program
- This award is open to public, private and non-governmental organizations that exemplify excellence in recycling or sustainability public education programs.
- Applicants are required to submit program materials and methodologies, as well as data that demonstrate the impact and success of the program.
- Innovator of the Year – Recycling Equipment
- This award is open to recycling equipment designers and manufacturers that successfully challenge and advance recycling sector operations.
- This honor celebrates innovation in design and manufacturing that increases the effectiveness or efficiency of recycling equipment and operations.
- Applicants are required to provide data that supports improved outcomes as a result of their innovation.
- Recycling Facility of the Year Award
- This award is open to all recycling facilities, new or existing.
- This honor recognizes the facility that demonstrates leadership in key measurements, such as innovation, quantity of materials collected and/or processed, types of materials recovered, site improvements, or sustainability measures adopted.
- Applicants are required to provide metrics to affirm that their facility is the preeminent recycling facility in the country.
- Construction & Demolition Debris Recycler of the Year Award
- This award is open to companies, organizations or individuals that have made a significant impact in construction and demolition debris recycling operations. It will reward companies or indviduals in the sector who have embraced waste prevention and careful use and reuse of resources.
- The embedding of waste prevention into a company’s culture will be strongly considered. It is intended to celebrate achievements and commitment, as well as provide inspiration for others.
- Applicants are asked to describe facilities, methodologies or programs, and provide data to quantify the impact and success of their work.
- Organics Recycler of the Year Award
- This award is open to companies, organizations or individuals that have made a significant impact in minimizing food waste in their community through prevention, reduction, reuse and/or recycling.
- It is intended to celebrate achievements and commitment, as well as provide inspiration for others.
- Applicants are asked to describe methodologies or programs, and provide data to quantify the impact and success of their work.
- Eligible companies must become members prior to applying for an award. Please use this link to join NWRA.
- Municipalities, state governments, universities and non-profits organizations that are not eligible for membership are welcome to apply.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For further information, please visit NWRA.