Nasser Bin Hamad International Youth Creativity Award 2018 (Win cash prizes and a trip to Kingdom of Bahrain)
Deadline: September 1, 2018
Entries are open for the Nasser Bin Hamad International Youth Creativity Award (NBH Award) 2018. This is an opportunity for all creative youth to compete against each other in 6 different fields which include art, graphic design, film making, photography, science and architecture.
The Nasser Bin Hamad Youth Creativity Award was launched in the year 2011 as an initiative from The General Organization for Youth and Sports (at the time). It aims to attract and develop talents and promote innovation by reducing obstacles faced by many of the world’s youth by providing them with the opportunity to express themselves and their talents and involving them in the development of their nation.
The NBH Award has sought to spark the creativity within the youth from all over the kingdom in the various fields of interest. After the strong turnout from the Bahraini youth in the first edition, doors opened in the second edition of the award for the youth in all GCC countries in 2012.
The NBH Award represents Bahrain’s strong efforts and determination to give back to the youth and aid them in developing their creativity as well as skills in all six fields of the Award. After the success of both editions, the third edition of The NBH Award was launched as an international Award with the theme “Live Your Dream” giving an opportunity for young people from all over the world to participate and express their innovation and creativity with no limits or restrictions in their path.
- Film Making
- Graphic Design
- Cash Prize: First Place winners will a Cash Prize, according to the NBH Award Category and Age Group. *Note: Groups will earn the Cash Prize as a whole, and not per individual.
- NBH Award Trophy: First Place winners will earn the NBH Award Trophy, handed to them during the NBH Award – Awarding Ceremony by HH Shaikh Nasser bin Hamad Al Khalifa.
- Participation Certificate: All NBH Award Participants will receive an E-Certificate (Electronic Certificate) for their valuable efforts and courage to participate in the NBH Award.
- NBH Award – Awarding Ceremony: The Top Three Finalists from each NBH Award Category, in each Age Group will be invited to the Kingdom of Bahrain to attend the NBH Award – Awarding Ceremony in which the winners will be announced.
All flight and accommodation expenses for the Top Three Finalists will be covered by the NBH Award.
- Participation is open to all Youth within the Age Groups mentioned above, from all over the world, regardless of Nationality or Country of Residence.
- Participants must belong to one of the following Age Groups:
- First Age Group (14 – 17 Years Old)
- Second Age Group (18 – 24 Years Old)
- Third Age Group (25 – 30 Years Old)
The Judging Process is divided into three main stages
- Stage 1: Verification
- Stage 2: Quality Auditing
- Stage 3: Online Judging
- A Participation must be made to one of the six categories of the NBH Award: 1. Science; 2. Film Making; 3. Photography; 4. Graphic Design; 5. Art; 6. Architecture.
- A Participant is allowed to submit a maximum of one (1) Participation in a single category of the NBH Award, unless otherwise stated in the category specific rules.
- A Participant is allowed to participate in more than one category, as long as it is available to his/her age group, and the Participation must be complying with its category-specific rules.
- Late Participations are not allowed to be re-submitted if they do not pass the Verification and/or Quality Auditing Stage.
- The final Participation submitted should be the work of the Participant himself/herself.
- The Participant must be able to provide justification of his/her own work and credibility, if required to do so.
- The Participant is held liable for claims of plagiarism or breach of Intellectual Property Rights that are claimed against a Participation. The NBH Award promotes creativity and the Participants own work, hence cannot and will not be held liable or responsible for such actions from the Participants.
- Submission in progress will not be accepted.
- Participations who have won the first place position in any of the previous editions of the NBH Award are not allowed to be submitted in this edition of the NBH Award.
- The submitted Participation should not have been used and/or may not be used as marketing material for any other entity or organization.
- The NBH Award has the right to keep a copy of the Participation submitted and to promote and/or publish them (the Participant and/or the Participation), without exploiting them commercially. The Participant will maintain the Participations’ Intellectual Property Right.
- The Ministry of Youth and Sports Affairs (MYS) reserves the right to use a Participation in exhibitions and events, and distribute information about the Participation through any communication and media channels, while reserving the Intellectual Property Rights of the Participant.
- The Ministry of Youth and Sports Affairs (MYS) reserves the right to publish information about the winning Participants and/or Participations.
- Certificates of Participation will be provided only to Participants who have submitted and competed with at least one complete Submission, made in any of the six NBH Award categories. The certificates will be sent to the Participant electronically (in PDF format) only, after the NBH Awarding Ceremony.
Note: All submissions must be in English or Arabic.
- To be able to participate in the NBH Award, you must first register on the NBH Award official website.
After registering on the NBH Award official website, follow the steps outlined in the How to Participate to submit your participation