Nagao Natural Environment Foundation: Inviting Applicants for 2018 Research Grant Programme
Deadline: 16 October 2018
The Nagao Natural Environment Foundation (NEF) is seeking applications for its 2018 Research Grant Programme to support academic and scientific research that will deepen knowledge of the nature conservation in developing countries in the Asia-Pacific region, with the aim of strengthening research capacity of young researchers in that region.
Grants are available only for individual researchers, but not for groups/teams, to enhance their skills, knowledge, and experience through their own research work.
Grant Size and Duration
The maximum grant size in this programme is 500,000 Japanese yen per project for a maximum duration of two year.
- An applicant must:
- be a national of developing country in the Asia-Pacific region (mentioned below);
- be a researcher/scientist, who works full-time or is enrolled in a doctoral course, conducting research at a research institution or relevant organization in one of the target countries listed below;
- have sufficient experience and skills in conducting and managing the proposed research;
- be able to communicate in English;
- not have another application to the NEF; AND
- not have another on-going research or publication project funded by the NEF at the time of application submission.
- A proposed research project must:
- be scientific research contributing to the nature conservation of the country where the applicant currently works or studies;
- be carried out in the country where the applicant currently works or studies;
- involve fieldwork for collecting data;
- be applicant’s own research work (team projects are ineligible.);
- achieve its objective(s) and submit reports within one to two years as scheduled; AND
- be exclusively funded by the NEF Research Grant Programme, or co-funded with the applicant’s institution.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit a completed application form and a recommendation letter via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Countries: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, Kiribati, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Palau, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, and Vietnam.