Music Grant Program in Arab Region
The Arab Fund for Arts and Culture – AFAC is pleased to announce an open call to Music Grant Program to support production, performances, collaborations, album recordings, music-related podcasts, and festivals.
- AFAC’s Music program provides annual grants up to USD 25,000 for individuals and teams, and up to USD 35,000 for institutions and collectives.
Place and duration
- AFAC will not provide support retroactively to projects that have already been completed.
- For projects that have already started, AFAC will cover the expenses starting from the signature of the contract, if the project is selected.
- Projects may be implemented anywhere as long as the applicant fulfills the mentioned eligibility criteria. The project’s timeframe should not exceed 24 months.
- The AFAC grant covers project-related expenses, including artist fees of up to 30% of the total grant amount. In the case of institutions, up to 30% of the grant amount can be allocated for certain running costs. The running operating costs or the purchase of equipment can not be covered by the grant. AFAC and the jury reserve the right to determine the relevance of the proposed running cost items.
- AFAC is open to receiving project applications from all Arab individuals working in arts and culture. Project applications are accepted irrespective of age, years of experience, country of residence, ethnicity, gender, or religion.
- AFAC also accepts proposals from local, regional, and international institutions whose projects are related to arts and culture from the Arab region.
- These include artistic, cultural, social and educational institutions, centers and both governmental and non-governmental organizations that engage with regional arts and culture.
- AFAC will not consider applications submitted by:
- Members of the AFAC board of trustees, their business partners or family members.
- AFAC staff members, their business partners or family members.
- Members of the current year’s reader and juror committees.
- Applicants with a current open grant.
- Recipients of grants in two consecutive years who concluded their latest grant in 2021. These grantees have to wait until the 2024 cycle in order to apply.
- Applicants whose submission is being processed. They may not submit another application in any category until the result of the current application is announced.
- Each applicant (individual or institution) can submit one application in the same grant cycle.
For more information, visit AFAC.