MSIF Du Pré Grants 2020 for MS Researchers and Clinicians from Low- and Middle-income Countries (Up to £6,000)
Deadline: June 30, 2020
Applications are open for the MSIF Du Pré Grants 2020. The MSIF Du Pré Grant enables MS researchers and clinicians from low- and middle-income countries to make short visits (up to six months) to established MS research centres, outside of their own country.
During the visit, participants either gain expertise or carry out parts of joint research projects. This benefits care for people with MS and supports collaborative research. Following the award, they expect applicants to use the newly developed expertise and networks, and continue MS research and/or clinical practice in low- and middle-income countries. Visits generally last between two and six months.
- Each grant is up to a maximum of £6,000 GBP, to cover the cost of travel and living expenses or to top up an existing grant to extend a visit.
All candidates must:
- Be educated to post graduate level (at least MSc, preferably PhD/MD) in an area relevant to multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Be citizens of a low- or middle-income country (all countries with a low, lower middle or upper middle income as defined by the World Bank)
- Focus their research in an area relevant to MS
Candidates must also be in one of the following situations:
- Working or studying in a low- or middle-income country (all countries with a low, lower middle or upper middle income as defined by the World Bank) at the time of nomination
- Working or studying in another country on a project which started within the six months prior to nomination
- Studying in another country on a project supported by an MS International Federation grant.
- Complete all sections of the online application form
- The Host needs to provide a supporting statement at the end of the application
- Add names and contact details of 2 referees, including the applicant’s current supervisor or employer
You must submit your application with sufficient time for the proposed host to read through your application and provide a supporting statement. It is advised to give at least two weeks for your host to complete this.