MSF recrute 01 Gynaecologist based in Yemen
Gynaecologist based in Yemen
(temporary contract / this position is exclusive for women)
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation (MSF Charter).
The MSF movement is built around five operational directorates supported by 21 sections, 24 associations and offices worldwide. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona, Athens and decentralised in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations.
Gynecologists are increasingly in demand on MSF projects. To work for us as a gynecologist, you need be prepared to work with limited resources, in isolated contexts and with other staff who sometimes have little training.
MSF gynecologists work in close coordination with other members of both the expatriate and national team (nurses, midwives, lab technicians, etc.).
Among other things, MSF gynecologists’ responsibilities include attending to planned and emergency obstetric surgery, complicated births, and doing post-operative follow-up together with the anesthetists.
Clinical skills and problem-solving capacity are vital for coping with the shortcomings in infrastructures. A major component of our gynecologist’s work is the supervision and training of national staff.
Expériences / Formation
- Degreein medicine and completed residency in gynecology and obstetrics.
- Medical registration.
- At least two years’ work experience, including experience in surgery.
- Ability to work with limited resources, in difficult conditions(high insecurity context) and under pressure.
- Good level of English(minimum B2)
- Minimum availability of three months, although preferably for longer.
- Basic IT
- Field experience with otherNGOs.
- Knowledge of French, Arabic, Spanishand/or Portuguese.
- Experience insupervising, managing and training of staff.
What we offer:
- Preparatory coursebefore leaving to the field.
- Legal contractfor the duration of the mission
- The gross basic salaryis approximately €1,300 per month during the first 12 months of missions (except for candidates already having 24 months of international experience with other NGOs). The salary is regularly reviewed according to the length of time in the organization and the experience acquired.
- The chance to develop professionallyin an international organization. A profile manager from the HR department will monitor your professional development (career path, training, etc.) within the organization.
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and helping those most in need.