MSF recrute 01 General Medical Practitioners M/F
Médecins sans Frontières(MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian, organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
In response to the current increased needs in our areas of intervention and in order to strengthen our pool of physicians, we are recruiting : General Madical Practitioners, available quickly.
The General Practitioner or interne in general medicine plans, organises and evaluates medical sector activities in collaboration with the country’s healthcare staff working at MSF intervention sites. These facilities can include primary health care centres and clinics.
The physician organizes, evaluates and redirects hospital and / or outpatient consultations medical activities within his area. S/he works in a multidisciplinary team (paramedics, other doctors, logisticians, etc.) and collaborates with the other medical players in the sector (other NGOs, Ministry of Health)
The physician is the medical manager of the service / sector and ensures its proper functioning. S/he is involved in developing the project’s medical strategy. S/he supervises the medical team and works in collaboration with the nursing team, the supervising nurse and / or the director of nursing care . S/he represents and ensures good collaboration with the other health stakeholders. I S/he reports on the activity and suggests improvements.
- ensures medical quality of consultations (duration, physical examination, etc.): good information given to the patient, prescriptions in accordance with protocols, criterias for referrals to other established and respected care structures, etc.
- ensures the evaluation of outpatient activities. Detects changes in attendance and/or the emergence of pathologies with epidemic potential. Proposes solutions.
- in collaboration with the supervising nurse and with the logistician, S/he is responsible for the welcoming and safety conditions of patients (waiting times, dispensing of medicines, hygiene, absence of patient abuse, etc.)
- examines the patients hospitalized in her/his department; diagnoses, prescribes care, complementary examinations and treatments; ensures that hospital records are properly kept; involves patients in their care journey; decide on their discharge/ transfer, …
- assesses the hospitalization activities of her/his department: monitoring of the main indicators. Suggests improvements.
- in collaboration with the supervising nurse and the logistician, s/he ensures that patients are welcomed and stay in safe conditions (hygiene and infection control, buildings in good condition, waste management, absence of patient abuse, etc.)
- ensures, with the supervising nurse, the supervision of the medical and paramedical team (bedside training, compliance with procedures and protocols, patient’s information, medical orders, etc.)
- manages medical emergencies and is part of the duty roster if needed.
Expériences / Formation
- holder of a medical doctor’s degree
- certificate of registration with the order of physicians for the current year
- clinical experience, more recent than 3 years
- significant hospital experience in the last 5 years (years of internship are taken into account)
- training in tropical medicine is an asset
- experience in pediatrics recommended
- experience in infectious disease services, in isolated rural areas, in areas with limited resources is an asset
- experience in team management is a plus.
- English B1 level minimum requested.
- French, Spanish or Portuguese (B1 minimum) is a plus.
- Ability to work in multicultural and multidisciplinary teams in contexts that are often complex and isolated, requiring strict respect for the local culture and security rules in force
- Team player
- Stress resistant
- Fixed term contract.
- 3 months minimum, ideally 6-7 months.
- Unaccompanied position.
- Salary status according to the MSF salary grid and your previous experience in international NGOs if any.
Fully covered by MSF:
- transportation, lodging, food + monthly field per diem for living expenses.
- Pension contribution. Complete medical care: medical health coverage, vaccines, repatriation if necessary
lease submit your application (CV and cover letter) online thanks the link below
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.