MSF recruits 01 Supply Information Systems Operational Team Leader (SISOTL) (m/f/x) – Brussels – MSF Belgium
Driven by MSF’s goals, the OCB (Operational Center of Brussels) Supply chain’s mission is to enable humanitarian action and provide reliable supply chain solutions. The supply chain is composed of different entities to cover the whole, all having interactions with each other. As such, the scope covers a supply chain that is specific, humanitarian, and subject to emergencies. The OCB Supply Chain Department is responsible for the support to all OCB missions in the management of their supply chain.
The Supply Technical and Information Systems Team (STIS) focuses on ensuring Supply staff have the tools, data and processes allowing them to deliver the best service to our beneficiaries.
Several information systems (IS) tools are used in OCB missions in order to facilitate supply chain management.
UniField as an ERP is one of the main tools which encompasses supply chain management and finance. OCB started to deploy UniField in January 2015 and the deployment phase has finished.
Under the Head of STIS, the “Supply Information Systems Operational Team Leader” (SISOTL) is responsible for coordinating/planning the operational support on the Supply Information Systems (SIS) in use within OCB. The support is currently ensured by a team of 5 people. The SISOTL supervises the SIS support team and plans resources according to the needs (support, testing, training…). Among the team, the SISSO (SIS Support Officer) focuses on reactive support (helpdesk & service operation); the SISTO (Training Officer) focuses on training, development and documentation; and three RSISSOs (Regional SIS Support Officers) – who are based in different parts of the world – are responsible for providing direct SIS-related support to the OCB missions.
The SISOTL is in charge of the field support & improvements around UniField. S/he is
also responsible for the ongoing improvements asked to UniField through their participation in intersectional working groups, representing the business needs of OCB Supply Chain through consultation with peers in the Supply Chain Department and stakeholders (IT, Med, Log, Ops, Fin).
Hence, this position requires a high level of collaboration with the rest of the Supply department and other departments in OCB to understand the needs and plan the resources, as well as with other sections to align the services support and mutualize resources.
SERVICE IMPROVEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
- Represent OCB in the intersectional BRM (Business Requirements Manager) working group to work & agree on the improvements that are done to UniField
- Participate in the testing of new functionalities that are developed and make sure they are aligned with the field needs
- Be in constant contact with the rest of the Supply Chain Department (Technical Referents & Front officers) and Supply Chain stakeholders (Med, Log) in order to make sure the field needs are accounted for in the new developments in UniField
- Develop a Supply Information System adapted to the specific needs of the emergencies
- Set up the team, processes and tools to ensure the efficiency of incidents management, supporting the end-user (represented by the Mission focal point) through help desk
- Measure, analyze, and report incidents and quality of services on a monthly basis
- Make sure all UF bugs found are reported to the Core Team
- Make sure all requests for improvements are escalated to the Core Team
- Coordinates software deployment in new missions and new projects, or for any other more advanced requests (merge, move, training…)
- Contacts with Front Officers (Supply Chain Officers, Regional Support Team) to better understand the needs and prepare the deployments
- Planning of internal resources available in the Supply department to answer the needs for deployment and support
- Field visits when needed
- Liaise with IT and Finance team to coordinate actions following the principle of transparency for users, and respecting processes and service level agreements
- Sits in various platforms, among which:
- The BRM (Business Requirements Meeting) working group: to work & agree on the improvements that are done to UniField
- The Interdepartmental working group which is an OCB platform where IT, Finance and Supply actors working on UniField meet on a regular basis
Expériences / Formation
- University degree preferably in Business / Economics / Computer science / Information management / Supply Chain
- 4 years of professional experience in Supply Chain management
- Experience working closely with Supply information systems
- Relevant experience in team management
- Experience with Unifield mandatory
- Experience with MSF (or NGO) mandatory
- Fluent in English, French is a strong asset
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Project management experience
- Strong ability to work in a team
- High result and quality orientation
- User centric and agile mindset
- Expected starting date: As soon as possible
- Location: Brussels (Belgium)
- Availability for field visits (Estimation of 2 to 5 travel per year of 1 to 3 weeks each)
- Contract type: Open-ended contract
- Contract duration: permanent
- Full time
- Salary according to MSF-OCB HQ grid
- Meal Vouchers – Hospital Insurance (DKV) – Pension Plan – 100% reimbursement for public transportation costs
- Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
- Adhere to the MSF Behavioral Commitments
Deadline for applications: 17/07/2022
How to apply?
Please, send your CV and cover letter to Recruit-HQ-SC@brussels.msf.org and mention “SISOTL” in the subject of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.