MSF recruits 01 Security impleter AFGHANISTAN(M/F)
MSF is one of the largest independent medical humanitarian organizations in the world, with projects located in 65 countries worldwide. MSF’s work is based on the humanitarian principles of medical ethics; the goal of MSF is to provide emergency care to people who are affected by armed conflicts, epidemics and natural or man-made disasters.
The main purpose of the position is to develop, implement and monitor security management within the operational lines at the mission level in Afghanistan, and specifically on our Herat project, in accordance with MSF protocols, standards and procedures to support the mission’s risk reduction strategy.
MISSION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Security Audit and review. Full assessment and analysis of current passive security measures. (structures, safe rooms, communications, movements, policies and procedures)
- Formulation of recommendations and proposals for improvement of security measures, adapted to local culture and MSF policies.
- Follow up of the work / rehabilitation on all measures recommended on all medical, administrative and accommodation compounds and structures.
- Staff training:
- Watchmen, in all locations for daily management of security.
- Radio Operator, Head of Drivers and Head of Watchmen.
- Conduct National and International staff security sessions and workshops. In all locations.
- Update and Implementation of security measure planning.
- Live sessions / security exercises / scenario response training and updating.
- Mapping of layouts in all locations, including security measure locations and information.
- Support to Hospitals for the implementation of their security plan in collaboration with HRC, ICRC
Expériences / Formation
University Diploma , in a relevant field is a plus.
Essential: At least 2 years in management positions in humanitarian aid and solid experience in operations and security management at field level (1 year minimum).
Strong security context analytical skills and capacity to develop strategic vision.
A knowledge of Afghani context is a plus.
LANGUAGE : English essential – French and Farsi are an asset
Position to be filled in February for 6 months in Afghanistan (mainly Herat)
Fixed term contract
Field position with perdiem and housing.
Salary status according to the MSF salary grid and your previous experience in international NGOs.
Kindly send your application (motivation letter & resume)
until the 1st of February 2022 online.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted