MSF recruits 01 Regional Procurement Referent
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), an international humanitarian medical organization established in 1971, provides medical assistance to populations whose survival is threatened by crises, primarily armed conflicts, but also epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from care. The French section is present in about thirty countries.
MSF is looking for a : REGIONAL PROCUREMENT REFERENT (M/F) East Africa
As first line procurement support to the coordination offices in the countries of the East Africa region (6 countries: Kenya, Uganda, Malawi, DRC, South Sudan, CAR / 16,5 M€), the Regional Procurement Referent (RPR) monitors and evaluates the proper enforcement of the MSF local purchasing procedure through adequate awareness-raising measures, training and monitoring.
The RPR is responsible for supporting the definition of the procurement strategy of the missions, for the identification of possible purchasing synergies within the missions / sections / regional supply centres in Kenya, Uganda of his/her region, and – directly overseeing these purchases.
Main responsibilities :
Provides support to the logistics, supply and pharma coordinators of the missions, including:
- Promoting purchasing good practices as defined by the supply department and training and coaching the teams in the proper implementation of these practices.
- Advising and coaching coordinators responsible for the supply chain in the construction of mission procurement strategies (analysis of the purchasing volume, prioritization, purchasing strategy for each commodity, localization etc.).
- At the request of the coordination, providing direct support to field projects on specific high-stakes purchases.
- Assessing the local purchasing situation, setting up a mid-term improvement plan, and coaching the teams in its implementation.
- Advising the coordinators on the clarification of roles and responsibilities in the purchasing organization of their mission.
- Taking part in the continuous training of the teams
- At the request of the coordination, participating in the recruitment or the assessment of the technical level of the teams involved in the purchasing process and contributing to the design of a personalized training program or proposing specific training.
- In close collaboration with the Operational Supply Referent, supporting supply on specific issues. However, the main focus/driver remains procurement
Regional visibility :
- Monitors, records and secures strategical and critical suppliers, and the suppliers in a position to fulfil the needs of various missions.
- Builds regional/intersectional visibility on purchasing volumes, highlighting potential synergies, defining an adequate strategy that may lead to direct purchases.
- May be mobilized for any emergency in the regional geographic location.
- Analyses activity for all countries in the region at least once a year.
- Prepares visit reports and yearly activity reports.
- Member of the Procurement Unit.
- Managed by the Head of procurement unit, based in OCP Paris.
Regional Technical Coordinators:
- Keeps the records of validated sources of the region up to date, and shares this information regularly with the field.
- Supports regional technical coordinators with market assessments.
- Advises regional technical coordinators on the priorities based on the market assessments.
MSF buyers’ network:
- Communicates with buyers for MSF Supply Centres for purchases that impact international suppliers
- Builds and maintains regular contacts with other MSF teams involved in purchases within the region.
- Refers to supply department referents any matter related to other supply topics (transportation, customs, stock)..
- As a preferred intermediary between the supply department and the field, shares with the supply department all relevant information from the field linked to local purchase.
|Salaire / Indemnité||Status:|
1 year full-time contract, renewable
Salary according to the MSF salary grid and previous relevant experience
Position includes per diem and shared housing.
Work place: Nairobi, Kenya with regular travel to field projects throughout East Africa
Position to be filled: 2nd of September 2019.