MSF recruits 01 Intersectional Flight Coordinator
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. We work in over 60 countries, offering assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF Operational Centre Brussels is looking for a:
INTERSECTIONAL FLIGHT COORDINATOR, CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC
MSF has worked in the Central African Republic (CAR) since 1997.
MSF manages 13 projects employing more than 2500 national and 250 international staff.
Our teams provide consultations and hospital care in 10 provinces, including maternity care, paediatric services and medical assistance for victims of sexual violence, basic emergency care, vaccinations and malaria treatment. Special emphasis has been put on ensuring continuity of care for HIV/AIDS and TB patients.
Being responsible for defining, developing, managing and coordinating the Air Operations in support to MSF activities in the country.
Ensuring the technical and operational management of all air operations involving MSF passengers and cargo complying with MSF air operations standards, protocols and procedures in order to enable and ensure flight safety and optimal use of the aircrafts to support the development of the missions present in the country.
- Being responsible for the set up and management of the MSF air operations in the country, defining the requirements (office set up, equipment, staff, etc..) and managing the budget in order to respond to the operational and evacuation needs of the different missions present in the country
- Ensuring implementation and application of the national/international rules, regulations and procedures defined in the Standard Operating. Procedures (SOP) and as agreed upon by the different sections. Securing overfly, landing approvals, confirmation, permits to operate all flights and all relevant inspection documents from Civil Aviation
- Coordinating the flight planning, overseeing load control, passenger and cargo check-in and flight tracking. Coordinating and managing the packaging and loading of cargo on the flights, ensuring the documentation is properly prepared and validated. Ensuring that all MSF sections are informed about cargo and passengers scheduled on each flight. Being responsible for the Jet A1 supply management in the mission and for controlling the aircraft equipment requirements as per contract
- Being the responsible focal point for flight safety and security, and evacuation. Taking necessary decisions such as refusing passengers or cargo, changing or cancelling an MSF flight due to safety and security reasons, etc.
- Being responsible for communication with the different actors (civil aviation authority, airport and ATC) and for the Search and Rescue SAR) operations (coordinating with aircraft’s operator, national authorities and/or other organizations)
- Act as the coordinator between the crew the operator and MSF team
- Managing the flight operation team and Air Ops Cell staff in collaboration with the HR Coordinator (recruitment and training) as well as training the MSF staff at capital and field level on MSF Air Operations and briefing/debriefing crews
- Being responsible for follow up and control of invoices/expenses regarding air operations such as fuel, airport taxes, navigations and parking fees, accommodation for the crew at field level only
- Sending to the Air Operations Cell the Aircraft Utilization Report. Reporting to the HoM and Air Operations Cell any air hazards or incidents regarding MSF flights
- Essential technical/logistics degree/diploma
- Flight operations qualifications are mandatory
- IATA regulations (DGR 6) certifications are a strong asset.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, power point and internet)
- Essential working experience of at least 3 years in relevant jobs
- Air flight management or pilot
- Experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries is an asset.
- Service Orientation
- Planning & Organizing
- Strategic Vision
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Results & Quality Orientation
- People Management & Development
- Security Awareness & management
- The candidate adheres to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment.
- Essential good command of French and English.
- 6-9 months fixed-term field contract, based in Bangui, CAR
- Salary according to MSF Field salary scale. Transport, accommodation, vaccinations are taken in charge by MSF. Per diem + medical insurance
- Expected starting date: 01/08/2019
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment alongside multicultural colleagues
HOW TO APPLY?
Application (CV + cover letter) to be sent before the 27/06/2019 to email@example.com. Please mention “FlightCo CAR” in the subject of your email.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.