Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of origin, religion, creed or political affiliation.
ICT Service Desk purpose is to be the single point of contact for ICT related advice and support. ICT Service Desk provides 1st and 2nd line technical support. The Service Desk liaises with the Infrastructure and Applications teams for 3rd line support, as well as with external providers, to ensure any incidents or problems that cannot be resolved at the Service Desk level are appropriately escalated. ICT Service Desk promotes the shared support model beyond ICT boundaries.
Service management excellence is guiding ICT Service Desk team and its members.
Integrated within the headquarters ICT Unit team, the ICT Service Desk Officer is in charge of the ICT support for the headquarters users.
- Respond to enquiries from users and help them resolve any hardware or software problems.
- Participate in Technical Acceptance Testing, deployment and maintenance of MSF and third-party applications, as well as in devices deployment and configuration in the HQ and on the field.
IT Service Management
- Allocate support tickets to relevant ICT unit member using IT Service Management tool.
- Manage incidents, problems and user requests within her/his competence.
- Escalate complex problems to the 3rd level support and follow-up their resolution. Third level support is provided whether by Infrastructure and Applications teams, or by external providers.
- Maintain a log of all software or hardware problems detected within the IT Service Management tool.
- Analyze support logs on a regular basis and propose improvements.
- Participate in the definition and the update of ICT services catalogue and ensure existing SLAs are respected.
- Manage ICT equipment stock and keep the inventory up to date.
- Prepare and deliver ICT training to end-users.
- Prepare and update relevant technical documentation.
 Shared support model – business and IT services integration.
Expériences / Formation
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with technical background and strong customer service orientation who has an initial experience in supporting diverse ICT ecosystems.
Education and experience
- Initial experience of at least 3 years in providing IT services and support.
- Experience in providing technical support for a diverse, non-technical, geographically dispersed user community.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or related fields will be an asset.
- ITIL, or another ITSM related, certification will be a strong advantage.
- Experience in MSF or other NGO’s in similar contexts will be an advantage.
- Languages: good command of English and French is required.
- Service oriented – demonstrated focus on customer service excellence.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances, contexts, tasks, responsibilities and people.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to engage, develop and maintain relationships with users and various stakeholders.
- Result oriented.
- Ability to understand the needs and constraints of MSF operations.
- Strong knowledge in troubleshooting and administration of Microsoft operating systems, Windows 10 mandatory.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft 365.
- Experience using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
- Knowledge of Microsoft
- SharePoint is an asset.
- Good understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration.
- Experience using and configuring processes within an IT Service Management tool.
- Practical experience across various operating systems and devices (OS X, Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc.) is an asset.
- Practical experience in network administration (Firewall, DHCP, VPN, etc.) is an asset.
- Knowledge of PowerShell scripting language is an asset.
- Expected starting date: 06/12/2021
- Contract type: Open-ended contract (CDI), full-time.
- Location: based in Brussels
- Salary according to MSF-OCB HQ grid – Hospital Insurance (DKV) – Pension Plan – 100% reimbursement for public transportation costs
- Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
- Adhere to the MSF Behavioral Commitments
Please, send your CV and cover letter to Recruit-HQ-DG@brussels.msf.org and mention “ICT Service Desk Officer” in the subject of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.