MSF recruits 01 “Electronic Medical Record” implementation project manager: HOSPITAL INFORMATION SYSTEMS – M/F
Médecins sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian, organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
Médecins sans Frontières seeks for its Coordination office in Jerusalem:
|“Electronic Medical Record” implementation project manager:HOSPITAL INFORMATION SYSTEMS – M/F|
MSF has been present in Jerusalem and West Bank since 1988 and in Gaza Strip since 1989, mostly focusing in mental health care in Nablus governorate and in specialized surgery and rehabilitation for burns in Gaza. In addition, in 2019 OCP started a project focusing on osteomyelitis in Gaza strip and is part of the reconstructive surgery unit of MoH Nasser hospital since 2020. In addition, the organization has been assisting MoH for COVID response in some parts of Nablus and Gaza during this pandemic.
Defining, coordinating, and monitoring the overall implementation, planning, and management of a new Electronic Medical Record by performing workflow analysis and optimization, needs analysis / information matrix and communication, metadata design, release management, risk mitigation, training, and infrastructure design. Ensuring quality medical care for patients and strengthening clinical services, laboratory and pharmacy by processing raw data to improve problem solving, decision making, and care delivery.
Workflow Analysis and Optimization
- Review and optimize departmental interactions and communications.
- Work with clinical and non-clinical staff to map workflows and processes and identify requirements for data collection, reporting, and use.
- Create and share a clear work plan for all releases with PC and eHealth Unit and
- Liaise with relevant department managers (medical, logistic, admin) to optimize the implementation
- Identify, analyze, and prepare risk mitigation tactics, anticipated resistance
- Identify downstream impact on workflow, patient flow, data management and hospital processes
Release Management, Requirements Gathering and Communication
- Create and communicate high-level functional requirements based on the results of user interviews, process documentation, and other business analysis.
- Collect and document best practices and algorithms that can be used to facilitate decision support for clinicians and other end users.
- Facilitate the development of end user system documentation.
Content and Metadata Development
- Work with relevant staff to build metadata model and patient summaries to be included in the EMR
- Work with clinical and non-clinical staff to mockup hospital performance metric that will be included in the system
Team duties/Hierarchical accountability
- Engage in regular communication with the eHealth unit and the technology partner on requirements
- Recruits and trains EMR/HIS Manager or other relevant on implementation tasks
- Leads EMR Steering Committee meeting on project status and attends relevant staff meetings in the project
Expériences / Formation
Previous experience working in healthcare IT, electronic medical records/health records, and digital health records is compulsory.
Previous experience with data architecture is a major asset.
Previous experience in project management or project coordination is a major asset.
Previous experience working in, humanitarian health setting with MSF is a major asset.
Languages: English B1 minimum necessary, Arabic would be a strong plus.
Proficiency in the use of project management methodologies (including Agile) and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques (PMI Certification is a major plus).
Desirable knowledge and experience in statistical software packages (STATA, SAS, R), and/or business intelligence tools (PowerBI, Tableau).
- Leadership and management of a team
- Strong analytic and strategic vision ability
- Ability to cope with stress and to organize and prioritize workload
- Strategic Vision
- People Management and leadership
- Teamwork and Ability to work in multicultural and multidisciplinary team
Reports to: (Hierarchical): Project Coordinator
(Functional): Project Medical Referent / Ehealth Unit Implementation Support
Location: Gaza and possibly Nablus later, Palestinian Occupied Territories
Contract Type : Fixed term contract
Salary : 1973 euros brut mensual.
Duration: 6 months minimum.
Starting date: As soon as possible. Ideally mid-January
Kindly send your application (letter of interest and CV) to until January, 7.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.