MOFCOM Scholarship by Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China 2016
The Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China offers the MOFCOM Scholarships for Masters and PhD degrees study to develop talents from developing countries.
The MOFCOM Scholarship as set up by Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China is to further strengthen the communication and cooperation between China and other countries as well as to develop talents for developing countries.
Starting from 2015, MOFCOM Scholarship mainly sponsors the young and the middle-aged talents from recipient countries to pursue their postgraduate degree education in China and entrusts China Scholarship Council to administer the Scholarship.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
- be a bachelor’s degree holder when applying for master’s program;
- be a master’s degree holder when applying for doctoral program;
- be under the age of 45 when applying;
- have sufficient English or Chinese proficiency which meets the academic requirements of the program. English: IETS 6.0 or above, Chinese: HSK level 4 （score180） or above, or other evidence which indicates your English or Chinese proficiency is adequate.
Citizens of ALL Developing countries
There are 26 designated Chinese universities (link to them is on official website). CSC will place each applicant in one university only based on their desired option and universities’ requirements.
Fields of study
Each applicant can choose one same major in three universities out of the 26 designated universities as their desired option
Number of awards
Not specified, but SEVERAL will be granted
The Scholarship award supports Master’s program for 2-3 years or PhD program for 3-4 years
The scholarship will cover the following:
- tuition waiver;
- on-campus accommodation;
- 3000RMB per month per master student,
- 3500RMB per month per PhD student;
- medical insurance
- one-time round-trip international air tickets
Method of Application
STEP 1: Visit csc.edu.cn/laihua or www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online for International Students”.
STEP 2: Read “Tips for online application” carefully before clicking “NEXT” to the registration page.
STEP 3: After registration, log in with your user name and password. Click “Application Forms”and choose “MOFCOM Scholarship”.
STEP 4: Put 00010 as your Agency Number.
STEP 5: Please fill all the required information truly, correctly and completely following the navigation bars on the left of the page.
STEP 6: After completing the application form, please click “Preview” and check your Application Form carefully before submitting it.
STEP 7: Download the completed Application Form by clicking “Download Application”and print two hard copies.
STEP 8: Prepare other supporting documents as required and send the full package of application documents (two sets of hardcopies) to the Economic and Commercial Counsellor’s Office (ECCO) of the Chinese Embassy.
STEP 9: You can make changes to your application by clicking Retrieve Application on the left of the page. But you have to make sure to submit it again by clicking Confirmation of Submit after finishing all the changes. Otherwise, the retrieved application will become invalid and your new application will not be accepted either.
APPLICATION DOCUMENTS (written in Chinese or English)
- Application Form for MOFCOM Scholarship (Ensure you have both submitted it online and printed the hard copy via www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or www.campuschina.org – active links above);
- Photocopy of highest diploma;
- Photocopy of academic transcripts;
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal with a minimum of 400 words;
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form;
- Photocopy of English or Chinese proficiency;
- Photocopy of a valid passport.
Application documents （two sets of hardcopies） should be true and complete, and sent to The Economic and Commercial Counselor’s Office (ECCO) of the Chinese Embassy in your country before the deadline date below. No application documents will be returned regardless of the scholarship result.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on this scholarship award.
The ECCO of the Chinese Embassy in your country will be open for application until 30th April 2016
Scholarship winners must register for English-taught program if such program is available. When only Chinese-taught program is available, students should take Chinese language training courses for one to two years before moving on to their degree study.
Scholarship winners will get the admission package from ECCO of the Chinese Embassy by the end of August, 2016, and must register at the host university before the deadline which is usually September, 2016.
Application Deadline: 30 April 2016
Open to International Applicants: Yes
Laisser un Commentaire